Drafted My 12 Team Keeper Today, What Do You Think? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Drafted My 12 Team Keeper Today, What Do You Think?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Drafted My 12 Team Keeper Today, What Do You Think?

Postby ben jammin » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:59 am

This team is one that I asked some advice from you guys earlier on. I kept Peterson, Foster and R. White. I had 12th pick of the first round, which is actually the fourth round. My depth at RB is to be desired, but Tolbert and Jacobs will fill in nicely on bye weeks and I grabbed Gerhart as insurance for Peterson. Behind White, I grabbed Holmes and Bowe for my starters. Here is my draft instead of rambling.
K-Peterson RB
K-Foster RB
K-R.White WR
1-S Holmes WR
2-D Bowe WR
3-S Moss WR- Reach on my part.
4-B Jacobs RB- RB's go really fast and I feel he will get his points, but I still reach.
5-M Ryan QB- Happy to get him here which is actually the 8th Rd
6-M Tolbert RB- Also happy to get him here as well.
7-K Orton Qb
8-Baltimore Defense- I don't like draftin a defense this early, but all the big dogs were gone.
9-T Gerhart- To backup Peterson.
10-R Williams WR, 11-A Roberts WR, 12 Janikowski K,13 Massaquoi WR.
How did I do? Thanks for you input.
ben jammin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Drafted My 12 Team Keeper Today, What Do You Think?

Postby LMack » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:09 pm

Your team is solid.

Going in to the draft with 3 top level keepers is a great way to start. The way you are talking about Jacobs and Tolbert filling in on bye weeks, I'm assuming you only have 2 starting RB slots and 2 or 3 WR slots. Assuming this, I like your strategy in the draft. You landed two solid wideouts to start off, Santonio Holmes and Dwayne Bowe. It seems reasonable for Holmes' 2010 production to be extrapolated out of 16 games as the Jets WR1. Dwayne Bowe will see a bit of TD regression this year as he is facing a much tougher schedule, but he remains talented and in a mostly unchanged situation. I love Matt Ryan where you got him.

Overall, it should be a competitive team. I do have a question though: do you not start any tight ends in this league?
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Re: Drafted My 12 Team Keeper Today, What Do You Think?

Postby ben jammin » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:24 pm

Thank you for the reply. We start two RB's and three WR/TE's. You do not have a mandatory TE position. I knew my bench would be weak at RB if I went WR/WR and I did it anyway. Really am hoping it works out. Good luck on your season.
ben jammin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings