12 Team Draft/3Keepers..Vick,Charles,Turner - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 Team Draft/3Keepers..Vick,Charles,Turner

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 Team Draft/3Keepers..Vick,Charles,Turner

Postby patsavestheday » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:06 am

So, finished my 12 team Keeper league draft (3 keepers only, no restrictions) and I think I did ok...but I have some concerns, like we all do. I had the 11th pick (after the 3 keepers). Let me know what you think. Its standard scoring except passing TDs are 6 points along with rushing/receiving.

QB Michael Vick, Phi QB (Keeper)
RB Michael Turner, Atl RB (Keeper)
RB Jamaal Charles, KC RB (Keeper)
RB/WR Fred Jackson, Buf RB
WR Reggie Wayne, Ind WR
WR Steve Johnson, Buf WR
TE Antonio Gates, SD TE P
D/ST Giants D/ST D/ST
K Adam Vinatieri, Ind K

Bench A.J. Green, Cin WR
Bench Joe Flacco, Bal QB
Bench James Jones, GB WR
Bench Robert Meachem, NO WR
Bench Jason Snelling, Atl RB
Bench Roy Helu, Wsh RB
Bench Michael Crabtree SF WR

I feel a little weak at RB/WR depth but I like my starting squad. Any thoughts concerns comments would be appreciated. Thanks. :-)

WHIR
patsavestheday
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 Team Draft/3Keepers..Vick,Charles,Turner

Postby Koppertopp » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:49 am

I think it's a really good team. It can turn into a great team depending on the production of some of the rookies you picked up (A.J. Green, Helu)......

viewtopic.php?t=492842
Koppertopp
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby patsavestheday » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:54 pm

I'm glad you think so :-] . It would be great if A.J. panned out for me. Helu is totally a flyer as he is 3rd on depth currently. Also, I have a bad feeling that Wayne and Gates are going to get hurt and screw me over. Preseason jitters I guess.

I submitted a comment on your question as well.
patsavestheday
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby lynch456789 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:05 pm

For a 12 team league your starting squad is solid. Depth at RB isn't great but that's to be expected with so many teams. I think S. Johnson will be even better this year than last. A good sign is that he's been doing well in the preseason. Charles is a monster and I think he'll have a great year; hopefully he'll get even more touches. I'm not a huge fan of Turner this year but he'll certainly have opportunities to score on that team.

good luck
lynch456789
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby BriGuy13 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:01 pm

Top QB in the game, two top ten RB with a great Flex play in FJax. Top TE in the game too. Only "weak" area is WR and its not that bad. i don't think Manning will miss much time so Wayne won't take a big hit. Johnson will be good in Buffalo. You also have a couple sleepers on your bench who could work out for you.
BriGuy13
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Weasel_King » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:25 pm

Obvioulsy with three keepers that would all be drafted in the first round in most leagues(although Turner is debatable), no matter what players you draft you will end up with a nice team. At QB and RB your starters are fantastic, although you have a slight lack of depth at RB (although considering you have a flex option this is all right). Your WR's are fine, although I think if Manning isn't ready to go to start the season it could hurt the production of Wayne somewhat. Gates provides the production of good WR at a weak position and he will definetly help your team. Your team is exceptional and most likely the favorite to win it all in your leage. Take a look at mine?
viewtopic.php?t=492766
Weasel_King
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby patsavestheday » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:02 pm

Thanks for the ratings guys. Feeling better and better about my squad. Hopefully Manning gets healthy...but if he doesn't its not the end of the world, as week one I play the Manning owner :-)
patsavestheday
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Roster Ratings