9th pick, 12 Team, Non-Keeper, 0.5 PPR: WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

9th pick, 12 Team, Non-Keeper, 0.5 PPR: WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

9th pick, 12 Team, Non-Keeper, 0.5 PPR: WHIR

Postby sixer03fan » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:52 pm

Hey guys, just finished up my draft. I had the 9th pick in a 12 team league. This is a non-keeper league, 0.5 PPR. It's 25 passing yards per point, 4 points per pass TD. For rushing and receiving, 10 yards per point, 6 points per TD.

My feelings on the draft: I went QB and WR in the first 2 rounds because I just didn't love the RB's that were available at both picks. While this left me shorthanded on RB's, I targeted those 3-down type backs that can get a lot of all-purpose yards and help with receiving since it is 0.5 PPR. I also went and grabbed a top TE early rather than going for mid-tier WR's in the middle rounds. This is a very unconventional team for me, since I usually always go RB's early, and wait on a TE, but wanted to try something different this year.

I think my team can be sneaky good, I'm going to get a lot of points where you usually don't expect: counting on the RB's to get a lot of total yards with receiving, a great TE as another 1,000 yard, 10 TD type receiver that a lot of people overlook, and a lot of rushing stats from my QB. I was also targeting Collie or Britt as a #3 WR type, but I'm not thrilled that they are both starting for me. One of them should pan out and have a breakout year though, I hope. Also went with high upside picks on my bench. We shall see. Tell me what you think.

QB: Michael Vick (round 1, pick # 9)
WR: Roddy White (round 2, pick # 16)
WR: Kenny Britt (round 6, pick # 64)
WR: Austin Collie (round 7, pick # 81)
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw (round 3, pick # 33)
RB: Jahvid Best (round 4, pick # 40)
TE: Dallas Clark (round 5, pick # 57)
K: Garrett Hartley (round 14)
Def: New Orleans Saints (round 12)

Bench: Michael Crabtree, Steve Smith (Car), Reggie Bush, Willis McGahee, Vince Young
sixer03fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 9th pick, 12 Team, Non-Keeper, 0.5 PPR: WHIR

Postby sabomnim » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:26 pm

ur team is solid but a lot of injuries surround a lot of ur players
vick can go down any week with his style of play
britt tends to get hamstring issues
collies success depends on mannings recover
best was solid last year before his injury, we'll see how he fairs his second year
if healthy ur team can be decent considering its a 12 man league, but u def have a lot of risk
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby cdythms » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:43 pm

your starters are solid, but bench seems to be fairly weak. and like said before me alot of your players have injury downsides. I have drafted several of those players in my leagues also.

viewtopic.php?t=492912
cdythms
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Weasel_King » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:08 pm

Obviously Vick is great to have as a starting QB, but I would be much more comfortable having a solid back-up as he will get dinged up this year. Your WR's are very strong, which is important in a PPR league. Your starting RB's are a little below-average as you have imo two solid #2 RB's but no #1. The lack of quality depth behind them is a little concerning as well. Clark is a nice top-end TE that will provide a decent amount of points each week. I'm not thriled with your team depth, but as long as your players can stay healthy (especially Vick) you should have a nice year. Take a look at mine?
viewtopic.php?t=492766
Weasel_King
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Return to Roster Ratings