Pats Fans, who is the better TE pick? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Pats Fans, who is the better TE pick?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Pats Fans, who is the better TE pick?

Postby bostonsoxandy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:13 pm

bostonsoxandy wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:Don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back. Instead of tooting, how about offering your input on the two TE's this year.

Wouldn't spend a first/early second on Gronk. That's crazy talk. He could repeat last year but I wouldn't expect it, which is what you are doing when spending a first/second rounder on him. I love Hernandez though this year, for the value you can get him in some leagues. Dude looks uncoverable in training camp.

Even though my favorite value right now for Pats players are Brandon Lloyd for all leagues and Branden Bolden for deeper leagues, dynasty leagues, keeper leagues. Bolden is BJGE 2.0 pretty much, might take a year to get the touches he needs though.

Right on queue couple of Boston beat writers reporting that Hernandez has emerged as Brady's #1 option for this upcoming season.
bostonsoxandy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pats Fans, who is the better TE pick?

Postby dgan » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:35 pm

I find it interesting that Gronk finished with 10 more TDs, yet Hernandez was targeted more often in the red zone last year than Gronk. Also, Hernandez is a better "athlete", yet Gronk seemed to score all the long TDs as well. Who knows what might change this year? How did Randy Moss follow up he and Brady's amazing year?

Don't try to guess what Belicheat will do...the TD numbers could have easily been split last year making them almost the same value (except Hernandez missed 2 games). People will call me crazy but I'd rather have Hernandez several rounds later than needing to use a 2nd round pick or even a 3rd on Gronk.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk