12 team PPR League - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 team PPR League - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 team PPR League - WHIR

Postby pensrockman » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:40 pm

3rd pick overall, 12 teamer. I opted not to draft a K or D, who do you think I should drop? I think I did pretty well, some weakness at QB. TIY and WHIR!

QB - Freeman
WR - Nicks, Holmes, Britt
RB - Rice, S. Jackson
TE - O. Daniels
Flex - J. Best
BN (RBs) - F. Jackson, R. Jennings, M. Hardesty, S. Ridley, C. Ivory
BN (WRs) - M. Thomas (JAX), D. Amendola, J. Ford
BN (QB) - McCoy
pensrockman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 team PPR League - WHIR

Postby sabomnim » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:57 pm

QB is def shaky...but who knows, maybe freeman turns out to be the real deal
RB, solid starters, best can be great if he stays healthy, and f jackson can end up being very solid for u, the rest arent too strong and might be worth dropping for a WR depth
WRs are also a little weak...nicks drops a lot of balls but should still be solid, but britt tends to have that nagging hamstring issue but hopefully thats behind him, and im not crazy about ur depth there either

i would drop a RB or 2 and get ur D and K while look out for more WR depth if its out there at all
what other QBs and WRs are out there?
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 75)

Postby pensrockman » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:04 pm

Dropped Ridley and Ivory for Cleveland D and Vinatieri. QBs available - SMith Garrard Campbell Hasselbeck Fitzpatrick Henne Jackson Dalton

WR - Shipley Walter Bennett Gibson Washington Gaffney Hartline Doucet Crayton

Not much to look at... I'll check yours out now. Thanks!
pensrockman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby onitapgr » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:25 pm

pensrockman wrote:3rd pick overall, 12 teamer. I opted not to draft a K or D, who do you think I should drop? I think I did pretty well, some weakness at QB. TIY and WHIR!

QB - Freeman
RB - Rice, S. Jackson
TE - O. Daniels
Flex - J. Best
BN (QB) - McCoy

Solid team...I think you're biggest weakness is WR after Nicks and Holmes.....I think you made the right drops
onitapgr
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby meta87 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:38 pm

Freeman could have a really good year. McCoy is another QB with some upside. Other than the Philly game he's looking really good this preseason.RBs look really good. I've got Fred Jackson too and keep hearing that he could have a really good year. Daniels should be sick this year if he stays healthy. Overall you are looking good I think. I'd keep up on the waivers once the season starts and try and try and grab a sleeper WR if you can.

Help
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=493627
meta87
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby JWoody82 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:43 pm

pensrockman wrote:3rd pick overall, 12 teamer. I opted not to draft a K or D, who do you think I should drop? I think I did pretty well, some weakness at QB. TIY and WHIR!

QB - Freeman
RB - Rice, S. Jackson
TE - O. Daniels
Flex - J. Best
BN (QB) - McCoy

I actually really like your starting receivers. I'm a Kenny Britt believer now that there is no suspension looming. When he got on the field last year he was solid, and I think Hasselbeck can do a better job for him than Collins did. Like Freeman in a 12 teamer too, especially when it let you get some good RB depth with Best and Jackson. I think you dropped the right two guys, and I'd sit tight on WR with what is available out there right now. When some undrafted receivers pop in the first couple weeks, I think Thomas would be the first on my chopping block for making a waiver wire move.
JWoody82
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Sex Panther » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:51 pm

QB - Freeman
RB - Rice, S. Jackson
TE - O. Daniels
Flex - J. Best
BN (QB) - McCoy

Nicks and Rice are both studs. SJax is a rock solid RB2 capable of RB1 numbers. Brit and Holmes and more than fine as you 2nd and 3rd WR. You have fantastic depth at WR. Daniels is capable of being elite at TE. The 2 biggest question marks are Best and Freeman. If Best can stay healthy, he's capable of a top 10 season. Staying healthy is the problem. I think Freeman is a better real QB than fantasy, I don't see him putting up the numbers he did last year. McCoy is a decent backup - if you only plan on using him once. QB was the weak point of this draft.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby pommona22 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:58 pm

Aggreed with post above QB concerns, i feel as if you can also safely drop Ivory and ridely, if/when Hilis goes down this year i really like HArdesty solid rb core, solid receivers i really like your Te in owen and say best stays healthy you have a real shot at winning this whole thing. Anyways hope this helps!
Help with mine? Thanks!
viewtopic.php?t=493537
pommona22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mzkp54 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:01 pm

I like this team a lot, except for the QB. but if a few things go your way, I could see this team making a run. Very strong Rb and Wr.

Good luck!

Lend a hand?
viewtopic.php?t=493648
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 235)

Postby 16FAC » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:43 am

I would have loved to get Holmes and Britt as my no. 2 and 3. receivers. I drafted at the no. 3 as well. Your team is more in line of what I anticipated mine being. I think that the long timers in my league just had big question marks with the health of alot of players. I don't agree with the QB concern of others (no disrespect) becaue Freeman will step it up even more so this year. That guy is hugely under rated IMO. My concern and you cant take it for what its worth, you need to 'cuff Best right now if Harrison is still available. Other than that you fair fine!

Thanks for mine.
16FAC
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 120)

Return to Roster Ratings