12/12 Pick, FELIX JONES over MJD or Turner ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

12/12 Pick, FELIX JONES over MJD or Turner ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

12/12 Pick, FELIX JONES over MJD or Turner ?

Postby diaman1123 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:47 pm

I have the 12th pick in a 12 pick draft. I love Felix Jones' upside this year and almost no way he's available at the 36 spot when I draft again. Am I crazy to take him over Steven Jackson, MJD , Turner and Mendenhall ? (I would take one of these 4 and Felix for the 12 and 13 pick.

Thanks
diaman1123
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12/12 Pick, FELIX JONES over MJD or Turner ?

Postby Venom » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:55 pm

I would go with Mendenhall and MJD. As a matter of fact, you really can't go wrong with any of the four you listed, they are all hovering really close to one another on draft boards and ADP lists.

I would not take Felix over any of them.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby Conrax » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:08 pm

Yeah you probably better going Mendy and MJD. But from what I seen in drafts MJD is gone before the 12th pick so I would count more on either Turner or Jackson being there with Mendy.

But you should not take Felix before any of the above mentioned. I'd rather have a combination of the any two above RBs before I even think about Felix
Conrax
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby JC.89 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:29 pm

You're not crazy. Running back success is very mileage based, which is a bad thing for both MJD and Turner. Felix Jones is on the upswing where as the aforementioned running backs are clinging to "elite" status in the final few years of their days being a featured back.

Some people will get on you for over drafting if you take Felix, but take the player you like.
JC.89
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Weasel_King » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:45 pm

I'm pretty high on Felix myself this year, but I would much rather have MJD or Turner. Here's an idea though, draft MJD and Turner then plan on trading one of them to whoever drafts Felix Jones in addition to an upgrade somewhere.
Weasel_King
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby c0megets0me » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:27 pm

I think felix will be ok this year, BUT i also think alot of people are going to be very upset. I understand the thinking ( Barber gone ) now its felix's time to shine.......what a joke. Everyone is taking felix WAY to early. Barber was in the back seat the last 2 years and Jones didnt break out so what makes you think its gonna happen this year. Dont get me wrong i think he will be somewhere around 1000 yrs rushing 200 rec 10 TD's which is not bad. I think that people are thinking more like 1300rush 500rec 15TD's but thats not going to happen. So i say draft felix no sooner than the 4th round, thats where he belongs to get a value pick.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions