10 team rate mine...I will rate yours - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

10 team rate mine...I will rate yours

Moderator: Football Moderators

10 team rate mine...I will rate yours

Postby jmog » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:25 pm

My league has a very different scoring system, the best I can simplify it to is this.

QBs-pretty normal except rush yards is worth more than normal, so Vick is definitely over Rodgers as the top QB on the board.
RBs-Pretty close to PPR scoring
WRs-PPR scoring
TEs-double the points they normally score for both yards and TDs, so TEs are big in our league and teams will at times (often) start 2 TEs (one in flex). TEs score just as well as WRs.

Also, the longer the TD the more points its worth, for every position.

10 team league

Starters
QB-T. Romo
RB-J. Charles
WR-L. Fitzgerald
WR-M. Austin
TE-J. Finley
Flex-R. Mendenhall (or B. Celek, haven't decided yet)
K-A. Henery
D-Chicago

Bench
QB-K. Kolb
RB-R. Mendenhall (if Celek is at Flex), F. Jones, DeA. Williams
WR-K. Britt, D. Amendola, AJ Green, M. Crabtree
TE-B. Celek (if Mendenhall at flex)
K-J. Feely
D-Minnesota (plays Carolina week that Chicago is on bye).

Yes, we are required to carry a backup K, backup D, and backup QB, every other bench position after that is up to us.
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 10 team rate mine...I will rate yours

Postby godd2 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:52 pm

interesting team...i think mendenhall needs to be flex even with a ppr scoring....
QB's: rivers, flacco
RB's: d. williams, thomas jones, bradshaw, woodhead, ricky williams
WR's: Wayne, s. moss, boldin, wallace
TE: keller, lewis
K:
def: chargers
godd2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)

Postby osbtensor » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:21 am

Agreed that Mendenhall needs to start over Celek if PPR style. Curious you talk about how big TEs are in your league yet your TE aren't really anything special. Finely is good yes.. but after that why not go for a clark, witten, daniels or even winslow? Nothing against Celek, but i don't think he holds up against those other guys.. Did they go fast off the board? Pretty solid team.. I worry about Charles being RB1 but thats just me.. really nothing to support this thought. I probably woulnd't have went with a backup k and d.. just pick a good matchup from FA if needed.

Mine? viewtopic.php?t=492995
osbtensor
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jmog » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:43 am

osbtensor wrote:Agreed that Mendenhall needs to start over Celek if PPR style. Curious you talk about how big TEs are in your league yet your TE aren't really anything special. Finely is good yes.. but after that why not go for a clark, witten, daniels or even winslow? Nothing against Celek, but i don't think he holds up against those other guys.. Did they go fast off the board? Pretty solid team.. I worry about Charles being RB1 but thats just me.. really nothing to support this thought. I probably woulnd't have went with a backup k and d.. just pick a good matchup from FA if needed.

Mine? viewtopic.php?t=492995

Yes, TEs go fast in our draft. 10 teams here's where they went

Gates-1.04
Witten-1.07
Finley-1.08
Clark-2.02
Davis-2.04

And so on, so the only option I had TE wise really at 1.08 was Finley or Clark (Charles was a keeper, we can keep 2 players we drafted in the 6th rd or later from the previous year only). I chose Finley over Clark because he has more upside this season as long as he can stay healthy.
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby joheshy55 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:10 am

I think you got a decent squad , mendenhall as flex and you solid. YOu might be able to get some value out of ammendola. if someone is looking for wr he should be good in most ppr leagues.

Please rate my team
viewtopic.php?t=492988
joheshy55
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Fuqyu » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:15 pm

I think Mendy will be more stable as a flex start over Celek, so I'd stick with him.

Also, why did you guys choose this ridiculous coring system? Do you change it every year?
Fuqyu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 40)

Postby jmog » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:58 pm

Fuqyu wrote:I think Mendy will be more stable as a flex start over Celek, so I'd stick with him.

Also, why did you guys choose this ridiculous coring system? Do you change it every year?

Our scoring may change VERY slightly from year to year to adjust to the NFL. Most years go without rule changes, but we do vote on ideas every year at the year end banquest.

Why do we have this "ridiculous scoring system"? Think about it for one second, learn what it does to a fantasy league, play it for one season, and you will never go back.

This allows someone who is picking 1st or 10th to get a player who is just as valuable. It makes every position (not Ks and Ds) just as important (as it is in the real NFL, except QBs now are more important).

Can't Gates or Clark dominate a game just as easily as ADP, Andre Johnson, etc? If they can in real life then why not in fantasy football?

Last, it gives us COMPLETE roster flexibility, if it is a valid NFL lineup (that you will really see), you can use it in our league. We go 1 QB, 1 K, and 1 D, after that nearly completely open 5 spots (can't go with 5 RBs, or 5 TEs, but if it is a real lineup you will see on Sundays anything from 2 RB, 2 TE, 1 WR to 5 WRs, you can use it).

So that's it, trust me, I have played FF since the pencil and paper days, and this is by far the best league and scoring setup I've ever seen. It is definitely more complicated and takes more thought to draft and pick lineups than the typical 1 pt for 10 yards and draft 8 or 9 RBs in the first round crap.

What seems more interesting to you, a draft that is pretty close to predetermined by ADPs and you are nearly guaranteed to see 8 RBs drafted and maybe 1 QB and 1 WR, or a draft where you would see anywhere from 2-3 TEs, 1-2 WRs, 1-2 QBs, and 3-6 RBs? To me it takes more thought and more planning to work out a plan for that type of draft.
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby genciso1 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:07 pm

SOLID SQUAD... BRITT IS UR WEAKEST PLAYER AND I DOUBT U WILL USE HIM, KEEP MENDENHAL AT THE FLEX
genciso1
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Zbetty » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:34 pm

Solid team. I don't see Britt as weak just risky
10 Team PPR predraft
QB- Aaron Rodgers
RB- CJ Spiller, Marshawn Lynch
WR- Jordy Nelson, Michael Crabtree
TE- Jimmy Graham
LB- James Laurinaitis
DL- Corey Liuget
DB- Harrison Smith
Zbetty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby bigdogg712 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:44 pm

not bad. I REALLY like your WRs. good job there. On the other hand, you NEED a stronger running back. I would trade charles and green for lesean mccoy or something like that. Charles is not a viable #1 RB at the moment. Mendenhall is great, but won't play at the start of the season, so start green at flex. other than that, looks solid

help me out too? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=514119

:-t :-t DONT SAY YOU WILL HELP IN RETURN, IF YOU REALLY WONT. SORRY, BUT ITS A PET PIEVE OF MINE, AND IT BOTHERS ME WHEN PEOPLE DO IT :-t :-t
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 45)

Next

Return to Roster Ratings