Please Rate My Team! WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Please Rate My Team! WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Please Rate My Team! WHIR

Postby TheIceman131 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:37 pm

Play in a head-to-head keeper league. At 6 catches, you get an additional 3 points. Let me know how I did. Had the 7th pick in the draft.

Starters:
QB: Peyton Manning (Keeper)
RB: Michael Turner (Keeper)
RB: LeGarrette Blount
WR: Reggie Wayne
WR: Wes Welker
TE: Jermichael Finley
K: Stephen Gostkowski
DST: New Orleans Saints

Reserves:
Sam Bradford
Tim Hightower
Marshawn Lynch
Jason Snelling
Plaxico Burress
Jerricho Cotchery
Julio Jones
Aaron Hernandez
Billy Cundiff
Oakland Raiders

Before anyone says to cut anyone, please keep in mind that I must keep 2 kickers, 2 TE's and 2 DST on my team at all times.

Let me know how I did!
TheIceman131
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Please Rate My Team! WHIR

Postby Bravos of Steel » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:42 pm

QB - Hell of a job. Can't get much better than Manning.

RB - Pretty solid. Turner and Blount are two of the biggest bruisers in the league, and are both workhorses. A very steady combination of starting running backs. Only issue with these guys is that they're not gonna help you out a whole lot in a PPR

WR - This is the strength of this team IMO. Reggie Wayne and Wes Welker are 2 of the top WRs out there for a PPR. Great job.

TE - Awesome pick in Finley. I know if you're like me, you got great value in Finley because of his injury. I firmly believe he'll finish the year as a top 2 TE if he stays healthy.

K/DEF - Gostkowski's a solid bet in that Patriot offense. New Orleans is a decent DEF too. Could have had better, but most definitely can do worse than New Orleans.

Overall, I think this team's got a solid chance for a playoff run. Great job

Help with me?

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=492973
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby latraffic » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:50 pm

Overally, looking solid. If you want to tinker anywhere, you might want to look to some more strength/depth at RB. I'm not feeling Blount as a predictable #2 back for you. Maybe, but leaves you some room for improvement. And you backups... Hightower is iffy, not yet the designated fulltime back. Lynch has moments but is on a HORRIBLE team who will be playing from behind all season so weill be throwing more than running the ball.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bounce » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:53 am

Assuming Manning is healthy, you got a hell of a team. The only spot I'm not thrilled about (although, it's very good) is RB. ONLY because of you won't get much of the PPR bonus with either guy. That's splitting hairs, though. Your WRs are solid, great TE, great QB, and very good RBs. Nice job.

Help me? viewtopic.php?t=493004
bounce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Silence » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:03 am

With peyton's neck being questionable bradford should be a more than competent backup. With gronk getting must of the endzone targerts hernandez does lose some value but being your backup you can that is acceptable, especially considering he should have his second year breakout.
QB Brady
RB Martin, Sproles, Tate, Bradshaw
WR A Boldin, J Nelson, Welker, Hartline, Amendola, M Wallace
TE M Bennent
Kicker Hartley
Def Den
12 person standard scoring league
Silence
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby PatriotsFTW » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:18 am

I'm loving Sam Bradford, the Rams have a better O line this year and with the addition of Mike Sim Walker, he has more weapons at his disposal. You'll really need to work on that RB depth, God Forbid anyone of ur rbs go down, you' look to be in a world of trouble. Marshawn lynch wont be doing it, however Tim Hightower may be a decent replacement. I would try and get a better receiver than Welker though, Welker's great and all, but he wont find the end zone too often. And now they just have way too many people to choos from. Ochocino, Branch, Hernandez.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=493008
PatriotsFTW
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)

Postby TheIceman131 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:47 am

PatriotsFTW wrote:I'm loving Sam Bradford, the Rams have a better O line this year and with the addition of Mike Sim Walker, he has more weapons at his disposal. You'll really need to work on that RB depth, God Forbid anyone of ur rbs go down, you' look to be in a world of trouble. Marshawn lynch wont be doing it, however Tim Hightower may be a decent replacement. I would try and get a better receiver than Welker though, Welker's great and all, but he wont find the end zone too often. And now they just have way too many people to choos from. Ochocino, Branch, Hernandez.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=493008

I can see where you're coming from on your point with Welker. My dissenting point though is that I think those weapons around him will work well because they will lure defenders away from Welker and give him more open looks.

Thank you everyone for your input. Guess I may want to look at my running back situation, but IMO it's more than servaceable at the moment.
TheIceman131
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Roster Ratings