anyone out there? i need a real QB! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

anyone out there? i need a real QB!

Moderator: Football Moderators

anyone out there? i need a real QB!

Postby pktbob » Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:04 am

I've got Kordell Stewart and Kerry Collins...I got hosed by the automated draft. But I have LaDanian Tomlinson, A-Train, Willie Green, and TJ Duckett in the backfield. Here are 2 ideas i've floated:

I give up Stewart, Thomas, and Duckett for Manning and Garrison Hearst.

or

I offer Collins, Green, and Duckett for Bledsoe and Michael Bennett.

I've received positive feedback on the second offer from the owner.
pktbob

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby cwebb » Wed Sep 04, 2002 5:52 am

I think Stewart might have a very good season and Bledsoe isn't a guarantee for a better fantasy season.

If you can get Manning go for him, but you definitely should also get Hearst because Green might not be the best start in the first weeks
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Trades

Postby trentvaughn » Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:07 am

I would certainly do both trades, but the first one is a no brainer. When you can add Peyton Manning for a one year back, a rookie back, and an inconsistent starter for one of the top 10 fantasy players, you should do it. Hearst is a nice bonus. I would be hesitant to give up Green, I think he'll have a great year in Cleveland. Bledsoe should have a good year, but will not win you a fantasy title. Manning just could.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Kordell

Postby DraftDodger » Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:59 am

If you keep Kordell, don't start him week #1. The offenses will be extremely conservative in that game, and if Pittsburgh gets behind and is forced to pass, the Pats will pwn them.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby pktbob » Wed Sep 04, 2002 10:03 pm

any more input on me giving up K. Collins, TJ Duckett, and Willie Green for Drew Bledsoe and Michael Bennett?

i'd have Bledsoe/K. Stewart at QB (start 1)
and A-Train and Tomlinson as my starting RBs, with a strong backup in Bennett if L.T. has problems.

and would you still do the trade if i have to give up stewart instead of collins?
pktbob

Postby joe_montana » Wed Sep 04, 2002 10:09 pm

Don't give up Stewart in that deal. I think that would be a bad move.
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby pktbob » Wed Sep 04, 2002 10:13 pm

i'm fairly happy with stewart, and i think i'll do well with him as my starter if the trade doesn't happen. i don't care if he runs it in or throws it in, as long as he's getting in.

i'll give it a go with collins in the deal, but no dice for kordell.
pktbob

Postby Polite Politician » Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:43 am

No one has said anything about the second piece of this possible trade - Michael Bennett.

If you consider that TJ Duckett will be no more than a 400 yd back this year behind Dunn and Willie Green is anybody's guess. Drew and Bennett end up looking like a great combo compared with the trio of Collins, Duckett and Green. (Collins did not look especially good tonight either). Why would your couterpart do this trade? It would be for the prospect of gambling on some rookies and striking gold.

Personally, I think Bledsoe is poised for a good year. He's hungry after sitting all last year. If that means giving up Kordell in this scenario - I might just consider it - mostly because I think Drew has some big upside and Bennett had actually a decent year last year - he's poised for some good things if Moss is in fact going to get the ball 40% of the time.

Something to consider.
Polite Politician

Postby n_tremain23 » Sat Sep 07, 2002 2:06 pm

Personally I don't think Slash and Collins is a bad 1-2 punch at QB.That's just me though.If you can get rid of 2 backup RB's and your #2 qb and get Manning and Bennett.Then that's awesome,and stupid for the other team.Other than that,your lineup doesn't look to bad as it is right now I don't think.I definately wouldn't give up Slash.
n_tremain23

Return to Football Talk