Roster improvements? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Roster improvements? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Roster improvements? WHIR

Postby cope09 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:33 am

#1 pick in online yahoo 10-team snake draft, hence Foster was my #1.
1pt per 25-pass, 10-rush & rec; 6pt all TDs, non PPR.
QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, K, D/ST

It was rough pickings by the time my second pick got to me. Ended up with Jennings and Loyd, hoping he [Loyd] could repeat last years performance (1448, 11TDs).
I had no choice since RB pikins were horrible so, I went with Green-Ellis at 4 and A.Gates with my fifth thinking is anything that these guys will get me TDs in a TD heavy league.

QB: P.Manning; J.Flacco; K.Collins
RB: A.Foster; B.Green-Ellis; T.Hightower; F.Jackson
WR: G.Jennings; B.Loyd; P.Harvin; D.Driver; Roy Williams
TE: A.Gates; D.Keller
K: M.Crosby
D/ST: Pittsburgh

Thoughts? Anything I can improve on? My first thought is to see if I can upgrade RB by packaging a RB with A.Gates and see what I can get, OR, any sleeper suggestions?
cope09
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Roster improvements? WHIR

Postby RAMFantasyFootball » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:02 am

You can definitely improve in all areas, but without knowing other teams' weaknesses in your league, it's kind of hard to figure out what trades best work for you and others. I'd say hold off on making a trade, unless there's one you just can't pass up. If you wait, you'll have a much better idea of what you need to improve on after a few weeks. Also, pick up Rams TE Lance Kendricks. I'm loving him as a huge TE sleeper this year.
RAMFantasyFootball
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bounce » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:57 am

I don't think you're that bad off. Second RB is your obvious weak spot, and Manning's health. Your WRs are good. I don't know what to make of Lloyd this year. Yeah, he won't repeat last year, but I don't think he's going to drop to 50/800/4 or anything. He's a very good #2, who will occasionally blow up. I wouldn't carry 3 QBs or 2 TEs, personally. Are you dominant? No. Are you good enough to compete every week? Yeah.

Help me? viewtopic.php?t=493004
bounce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby blueman » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:04 am

Thanks for the help on mine. I would have to say that the position that you could improve on the most would have to be RB. After Foster I think you got some #3 RB's. Depending on what other teams needs are I would definitely try to trade for another one. If Manning is healthy you are good at QB, and Flacco is a good backup. At WR I like Jennings and Harvin and although I'm not quite convinced that Lloyd will repeat what he did last year he should still have a good year. Gates is one of the best TE's so fine there. If you can get a good #2 RB I think you have a solid team.
blueman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 35)

Postby PatriotsFTW » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:12 am

I'm thinking you might wanna trade up for a better WR, Unfortuantely with John Fox as the head coacha nd a run first kinda guy, you won't be seeing much Orton to LLoyd this year. And yea Green-Ellis is your obvious weakspot. I try and stay away from Partiots RBs as much as I can with them being a pass first team, and especially how they rotate 4 RBs. Green Ellis is a great back but its too unpredictable. I think I'd start fred jackson over green ellis depending on the match ups. I love the tight ends Though, antonioa gates!? And Dustin Keller is one of sanchez's favorite targets in the red zone.

Help with mine
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=493008
PatriotsFTW
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Conrax » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:15 am

Let's start with the good, you have a kicker and the top projected defense so your set there. You also have good WR#1 and RB#1 in Jennings and Foster. Then you have Peyton Manning, who was just activated from the PUP and is now practicing on a limited basis so that may mean he may miss only one week but when he comes back he will be fine. For the first few weeks I would play matchups. Gates is also good when healthy but that foot is troublesome because that foot made him miss games last season and it is still bothering him. I also like your pick in Hightower, the only concern there is if Helu or Torain are put in the mix but the is a small concern because Shannan always finds RBs that produce and Hightower has been good in the preseason that he has locked up the starting job. I also think you will be fine with Percy Harvin.

The bad: First is BJGE, I do think he will still get most of the carries, but Patriots always do running back by committee to where there are 4 running backs in that backfield and we can assume that BJGE and Woodhead are going to be the main guys but there is still Stevan Ridley and Shane Vereen. Your overall depth is not great I see it particularly with your WRs I think there are better players out there that could help you but look for Mike Sim-Walker, Plaxico, Malcom Floyd I think these will serve you better then Driver and Roy Williams. RB I would take a look at McGahee because he could potentially take away goal-line carries from Moreno.
Conrax
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby osbtensor » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:42 pm

I agree that bjge is your weakest spot... I would not go for a trade just yet, wait a week or two and maybe one of your guys (keller? just a thought) has a good start to the season and you could sell high and pick up a good RB2. I think trading right now you're going to lose out.. if nothing stands out as a sell high candidate after a week or two i would then think about packaging a TE and trying for a trade. But as it is just hold tight unless there' s good waiver wire (FA) options.

Three QBs with one of them being Collins is somewhat overkill.. i know manning may miss a week or two, but you have flacco. Ditch the third. Doubt you could trade him.. probably just drop and pickup another WR or RB. Is knox taken? If not look for him.. i think he will end up being the favorite in chi. williams has looked pretty rough in preseason.

Thanks for your help on mine
osbtensor
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Roster Ratings