Money League PPR Draft - rate and I WHIR 10000% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Money League PPR Draft - rate and I WHIR 10000%

Moderator: Football Moderators

Money League PPR Draft - rate and I WHIR 10000%

Postby bounce » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:51 am

Just finished picking this team - and I love it. Not THRILLED with my WRs, but am ok with them. Took some risk/reward guys late. Are my WRs good enough with my strength in other areas? 6pts all TDs, 1 PPR.

Round number next to pick. I had the #1 pick - Jamaal Charles was my keeper (lost my 3rd rounder)

Starters

Q - Schaub (4)
R - Peterson (1), Charles (keeper/3rd)
W - M. Wallace (2), A. Boldin (5)
T - O. Daniels (6)
W/R - Green-Ellis (7)
D - Bears (11)
K - Vinatieri (14)

Bench

Q - E. Manning (9)
R - Woodhead (13)
W - Collie (10), Branch (12), S. Smith CAR (8)

Leave a link!!
bounce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Money League Draft - rate and I WHIR 10000%

Postby cope09 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:10 am

Schaub, Petersen and Charles will carry your team alone where your receivers might fall short.
Wallace is Roth's favorite target so, i wouldn't be surprised for him to have a breakout year and Boldin will be consistent enough for you to grab some points every week.
Green-Ellis was a TD machine last year. While he barely topped 1000yds, he put up 13 TDs...good enough for 2nd in 2010 behind only Foster. So, excellent flex player.

I agree with you though..the only glaring weakness is your WRs but, I wouldn't be concerned yet.

Thanks for the help with mine.
Good luck!
cope09
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 29)

Re: Money League Draft - rate and I WHIR 10000%

Postby Silence » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:10 am

Your running backs are great so that should help mask some roster problems. Wallace could end up being one of the top recievers this year and boldin is an adequate numbeer two. Your back ups leave a little bit to be desired. With the patriots running back by committee and with the addition of two more running backs (when vereen is healthy) I think BJGE is going to lose some touches and consequently some value. besides that I say you're looking pretty good.

Please help here?
viewtopic.php?t=492991
Thanks
QB Brady
RB Martin, Sproles, Tate, Bradshaw
WR A Boldin, J Nelson, Welker, Hartline, Amendola, M Wallace
TE M Bennent
Kicker Hartley
Def Den
12 person standard scoring league
Silence
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Re: Money League PPR Draft - rate and I WHIR 10000%

Postby TheMax » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:17 am

I think your Wide Receivers are fine, personally. Mike Wallace was a monster last year, and I think Boldin will definitely up his yardage from last season. Your RBs are obviously monstrous, nothing to say about them other than that. I also really like Collie as a number 3. Peyton will be back at some point (I think he misses one game max.) and he was unstoppable last year when he was healthy. Good QB and TE. Solid team.
TheMax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 8)

Postby TheIceman131 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:54 am

Think you've got a pretty solid team here. As you said in your post I think your WR's are lacking a little after Mike Wallace. Boldin is good but IMO could use an upgrade. My only other dislike here is BGE. I know he's the starter here but he has to contend with the potent passing game of the patriots and the fact that Danny Woodhead (I see he's on your bench) is there and that rookie, when healthy, is pretty good. But that may only be splitting hairs.

Thanks for the help on mine!
TheIceman131
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby diablo99 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:29 pm

Yeah, your wrs are a little thin but like other people said having shaub and ap and charles could really carry your team.

My concern with charles is he is all yards and not really that many tds.

however, if some of your wrs can stay healthy and cam can get smith the ball then you will be in good shape!

good luck, thanks for ranking my team
“You be the Magic Man, and I’ll be El Diablo.” “What’s that mean?” “I think it’s spanish for fighting chicken.”
diablo99
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Postby HomerJay » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:25 pm

In a 1 point PPR your starting RB's are solid. WR's....Wallace is a great home run threat...but for receptions he's a bit laking. Love the guy but in a PPR he'll need those big plays. Boldin has been suprising this pre season...he may pan out after all. Flex is really my only ? mark. The law firm plays for a team that shows 0 loyalty for RBs.

You'll have a competitive team. good luck
He who laughs last...thinks slowest
HomerJay
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby osbtensor » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:47 pm

I agree with what everyone else has said... charles, ap and schaub are awesome. Daniels is setup to have a really big year too, i think.

BJGE is your biggest worry and your backup flex rb is in the same boat. A NE running back. Always hard to figure out NE's running game.. i would look to move one or both of those guys and pick up a solid RB to replace them with. Any decent sleeper style guys on the wire?

Collie on the bench? that's pretty damn good depth.. i know branch and smith are not studs by any stretch, but it looks like you only start 2 wr and you've got 3 legit starter wr.

Looks pretty solid to me.

thanks for your response to mine.
osbtensor
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Roster Ratings