Keep Gore or Rivers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keep Gore or Rivers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keep Gore or Rivers

Postby chiswede » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:08 am

14 team Yahoo keeper league with the settings below.

I'm already keeping Ray Rice, and I pick 8th. Players that are already kept and off the board when my pick comes around are:

P. Manning, Brees, AP, Hillis, Calvin Johnson, Mendenhall, MJD, Forte, A. Foster, L. Fitzgerald, Rodgers, Cutler, McFadden, Brady, Vick and Roddy White. B/c of other trades, people not keeping a guy...etc, there will be 15 more players off the board by the time I pick so you can assume Jamaal Charles, Chris Johnson, Turner, McCoy, and Greene will likely be gone by the time I pick.

Personally, I'm leaning towards Rivers, b/c I don't trust Gore. But, I also feel like I have a better chance of actually getting Rivers with the 15th pick. Any opinions?

14 team keeper league
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D
Scoring:
10yds rushing/receiving-1pt
Rushing/receiving TD-6pts
Passing TD-4pts
Interception- -1pt
Fumble- -2pts
.25 points per reception
Default Yahoo scoring for kicking and defense
Last edited by chiswede on Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
chiswede
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keep Gore or Rivers

Postby Dolfan19 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:49 am

I'd probably lean rivers as well. You know you're getting a stud, and you dont have to sweat the whole season wondering when he's gonna break the other half of his hip. if you do decide on Gore, you could target matt ryan. I believe he's ready to have a phillip rivers type season.
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 53)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 285 south » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:02 am

Rivers for sure. He is a stud. All other TOP Tier QB's have been taken. I dont know why someone whould keep Cutler. You can get a good back with pick 8. You have deep league and good QB is a must. After Romo, Big Ben, Schaub, Ryan, Freeman the list drops off to another tier. This will free you up to draft Rb and WR in middle rounds when other teams are trying for Qb. You can load up and dont stress come draft day. Other teams will be hoping for a decent QB. You will be sitting pretty. Note when they draft one of the lower tier QB they will have to grab other decent qb as a b/u. Thus enabling you to grab another wr or rb. All you need is a 1 week fillin for bye weeks. You never have to switch because of match ups.
285 south
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby chiswede » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:20 am

285 south wrote:Rivers for sure. He is a stud. All other TOP Tier QB's have been taken. I dont know why someone whould keep Cutler. You can get a good back with pick 8. You have deep league and good QB is a must. After Romo, Big Ben, Schaub, Ryan, Freeman the list drops off to another tier. This will free you up to draft Rb and WR in middle rounds when other teams are trying for Qb. You can load up and dont stress come draft day. Other teams will be hoping for a decent QB. You will be sitting pretty. Note when they draft one of the lower tier QB they will have to grab other decent qb as a b/u. Thus enabling you to grab another wr or rb. All you need is a 1 week fillin for bye weeks. You never have to switch because of match ups.

Yea, I'm the commish and when I saw him keep Cutler, I said WTF out loud.
chiswede
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Hubarooski » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:35 am

Keep Rivers!
Hubarooski
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby fantasyfootballguy17 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:36 pm

Rivers is the man and will continue to grow as a QB. With most of the top QBs already off the board I would hold onto Rivers for dear life. He will continue to produce big numbers. Gore will be reaching the dreaded age of "30" next year. Gore will be in a new system, with a new coach, and crappy QB play for years to come. Not to mention that he gets injured every year. Gore has bust written all over him. Gore was good, but his best days are behind him.
fantasyfootballguy17
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions