10 Team League... This is the result.. Good draft? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

10 Team League... This is the result.. Good draft?

Moderator: Football Moderators

10 Team League... This is the result.. Good draft?

Postby chapo » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:13 am

Hi guys, this is my team do you see any area I should upgrade?
QB Eli Manning, M. Stafford
RB Lesean Mcoy, P Hillis, Beanie, J Stew, J Starks
WR Fitz, MWallace, Dez Bryant, BMarshall, Britt and Aj Green, Meachem, Floyd
TE D Keller
K ?
IDP ?

This is a Yahoo league and it includes 2 Idp and 1 k, so i have to let go 3 players to fill those positions. What should I do? there is also Z Miller and M Lewis at TE available.
WHIR thanks!
chapo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 10 Team League... This is the result.. Good draft?

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:19 pm

Not a bad job at all - I rather like your squad. Your week points are QB, RB2 and IDP, but with a trade or two and some wiley pickups you can remedy that pretty easily. Mainly because you're stacked at WR - I love that Green and Floyd are your WR6 and WR7, and I think that you could gain some serious traction in those points of need by dealing Britt (and/or even Marshall) for help where you need it.

You might be a bit behind the 8-ball on quality IDPs as people probably snapped up most of the top 25 overall at this point - in the future I'd say don't wait too long in the interests of snapping up WR/RB depth, as those are valuable starting spots that are hurt by starting WW guys more often than not. That said, you can either pick up a top IDP as part of a trade, make a lesser trade for one and/or try to get lucky on the wire.

I'd rather have Lewis and Miller (in that order) than Keller, and I think that's your first, most logical move. If you have to let three guys go, it's gonna hurt some of that WR upside I was talking about, so I'd try to make some deals before flat out releasing guys. I think Meachem is a clear cut from taht group, and then it's probably Floyd and A.J. in that order after that. Try to find someone who's screwed at WR and offer a deal for an upgrade at RB and an IDP - a deal or two like that and you could upgrade your starters without cutting those WRs and getting nothing for them. If it works, cut your worst remaining guy for a K. If it doesnt, then those last 3 WRs are the way to go IMO ...

Hope this helps ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Roster Ratings