Gurus of The Cafe... Help! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Gurus of The Cafe... Help!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Gurus of The Cafe... Help!

Postby chapo » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:15 am

Hi guys, this is my team do you see any area I should upgrade?
QB Eli Manning, M. Stafford
RB Lesean Mcoy, P Hillis, Beanie, J Stew, J Starks
WR Fitz, MWallace, Dez Bryant, BMarshall, Britt, AJ Green, Meachem, Floyd
TE D Keller
K ?
IDP ?

This is a Yahoo league and it includes 2 Idp and 1 k, so i have to let go 3 players to fill those positions. What should I do? there is also Z Miller and M Lewis at TE available.
WHIR thanks!
chapo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Gurus of The Cafe... Help!

Postby Chicago 2 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:43 am

You have some good depth on offense. What are your starting positions?

I feel you can upgrade at RB, I'm personally not all that high on Peyton Hillis and you are very deep at WR. I would try a 2 for 1 (RB & WR for RB), that way it opens up a spot for you to add an IDP or K.

Out of Lewis, Miller and Keller I have Lewis ranked the highest, Miller's value is almost shot after going to Seattle because Carlson is already there and Tavaris is at QB. I like Keller but they have a number of offensive options and he has been in the league 3 years now and he hasn't shown any signs that hes going to breakout.

As for who to drop, any 2 of Meachem, Floyd and Green would be my suggestions, your more than likely never going to play any of them over Fitz, Wallace, Marshall or Britt.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Egg2828 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:20 am

Yep drop M,Flyd,Green and use those to fill empty slots.

You must have got Hillis in the 3rd or 4th round which is a total steal. He is a solid Rb2. If you get in trouble at RB you have the WR's to trade but I wait your looking good right now. Also with your two QB's (i dont draft qb early) you can play the match up game each week which I love.
Money $hot
Egg2828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 36)

Postby fantasyfootballguy17 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:46 pm

I would try and trade up at Running Back. I don't believe Hillis will duplicate last year and could be a contender for bust of the year. The Browns added Brandon Jackson from the Packers in the offseason, and Hardesty is back from injury. If you look at Peyton's stats from last year you will see that defenses started figuring him out during the last half of the season and his touchdown production fell off a cliff. Beanie Wells has never stepped up as an NFL running back and I don't see him doing much this year as well. Remember the Cardinals drafted a RB to replace him, but was recently injured. Maybe you can try and do a 2 for 1 trade to get another stud RB. Well done on your WRs, you are stacked at the wide receiver position!
fantasyfootballguy17
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby sixer03fan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:29 pm

It's tough to judge how good your team is without knowing how many teams are in the league. I'm going to guess 10?

Right off the bat, I see you're unnecessarily stacked at WR. I would try to package Hillis with Britt to land a stud RB. If no one bites, package Marshall or Dez with Hillis. That could get you a borderline round 1 RB like a Michael Turner or DMC, or even better. If you believe in Hillis, you might want to use that WR depth to upgrade from Eli at QB. You could package Eli with one of the WR's I mentioned to grab someone like Romo or Rivers. Hell, I'd try to do both deals. Trade one of those three WR with Hillis to upgrade to another elite RB to pair with McCoy, and then trade another WR with Eli to upgrade to a top notch QB. Then you would still have a solid WR core with a great top 3 still, probably the best RB core in your league, as well as a great QB.

At TE, I'd drop Keller and pick up Marcedes. Drop Meachem and either Floyd or Green to pick up your kicker and IDP.

Good luck, you are just a few steps away from having an absolutely dominant team.
sixer03fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions