First auction draft - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

First auction draft - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

First auction draft - WHIR

Postby bisklimpkit » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:17 am

Took part in my first auction draft last night, and it didn't go as well as I'd hoped. 10 team, standard scoring league on ESPN, so passing TDs are 4 pts (I think that's the only thing different from all the other leagues I've ever played in). I know I'm weak at RB, so please take a look and tell me what you think you'd be able to move in order to get a higher-end RB2. Leave a link and I'll get back on yours, as well. Thanks!

QB Matthew Stafford
RB LeSean McCoy
RB Knowshon Moreno
RB/WR Wes Welker
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Larry Fitzgerald
TE Owen Daniels
D/ST Patriots
K Mason Crosby
Bench Josh Freeman
Bench Pierre Garcon
Bench Jamie Harper
Bench Jordy Nelson
Bench Malcom Floyd
Bench Ben Tate
Bench Danny Amendola
bisklimpkit
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Golden Eagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 140)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: First auction draft - WHIR

Postby joshgav » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:39 am

Hi bisk! Thank you for replying to my thread.

I think that we are both in the same boat, to be honest. I think as long as Stafford stays healthy hes unquestionably a top-10 QB.

Just like you said with my team, you have excellent starting power and high-upside depth at WR.

McCoy should be a stud at RB for you and yes, McGahee may steal TD's from Moreno, but I still see him having a solid season.

Garcon & Welker give you great options at the Flex position and both Floyd and Amendola have potential to fill that role for you very well if they pan out.

If I were you, I think I would stick with what I have and see how it works itself out at the start of the season. If you really have to, you could probably package your WR depth/talent and go after a solid RB2.

Good luck & for your first auction I think you did pretty well.
joshgav
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby joheshy55 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:58 am

Well, I have Knowshon Moreno as #2 on my list but then again i have a very flexable 4 spots that i can fill with rb wr or te - Clearly i think he fine will probably end up about 1000 yards this year again, but lesean Mccoy will make up for points the Moreno wont get ya....Stafford and Freeman are hand in hand- if stafford stays healthy your in good shape. otherwise you may have to switch week to week on choosing your starter QB. Pierre Garcon could be a breakout out reciever depth wise and more than likely if he breaks out probably sell him high and maybe get a Decent RB- another thing is look on waivers to breakout players and watch them especially with a lot of featured backs that are injury prone.

IF noone had Hightower i would probably go ahead right now and pick him up as he will most like be starter for redskins. or possibly trade for him too- you may have to give up some wr depth but i think he gonna be solid player. Brandon jacobs is probably a decent ok rb pick up too i think just because jacobs may get closer to goal line carries like last year plus would be solid in case bradshaw screws up again.

Overall i think you should be ok. but keep an eye for spots if you really think your weak at something.
joheshy55
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bisklimpkit » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:37 am

The reason I'm concerned at RB is because I don't have anyone to fill in on bye weeks...though I do have until week 6 to get that worked out. I'm hoping I can make a trade or grab someone off of waivers by then. The best RBs currently on waivers are as follows:

Thomas Jones
Danny Woodhead
Ronnie Brown
Brandon Jackson
Justin Forsett
Marion Barber
etc, etc.

As you can tell, most teams went quite deep on RBs. My best hope is that a starter goes down and I can get their backup, probably. Thanks for the replies; keep 'em coming!
bisklimpkit
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Golden Eagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 140)

Return to Roster Ratings