confused about adding players, waivers , etc... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

confused about adding players, waivers , etc...

Moderator: Football Moderators

confused about adding players, waivers , etc...

Postby jay0582 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:39 am

i am a little confused. This is my first year playing fantasy football in probably 6 or 7 years, and then i never really paid attention too much. I just need to know more info about how u add/drop players so that i am not behind the curve on this. We just drafted, and our teams are now online. It is an ESPN league. If i see a player i like can i just add him and drop another player, or if i want to play matchups with defenses can i just drop a defense and add one? Is this different from waivers? Or do they have to go through waivers, and what does that mean. Lets say for example i want to drop crabtree and pick up michael bush who was undrafted, How would i do that? I am 4th in the waivers list so does that mean if i claim bush then it has to pass through 3 other people to ask them if they want him 1st? Im confused haha
jay0582
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: confused about adding players, waivers , etc...

Postby Chicago 2 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:56 am

In order to claim a player on waivers, a team with a lower priority; in your case positions 1, 2 & 3 would need to also add the player. The system does not ask the teams ahead of you on the waiver list if they want to claim the player, instead you both put in the claim and when the player passes through waivers the claim goes to the team with the lowest waiver priority. Now if you were to get the player, you would no longer be 4th in the waiver position, you would move to the last position.

As far as adding players, you can add whomever you want, you could drop a QB for a DEF or a K for a RB, there are no restrictions other than if the player is on waivers then you need to wait out the waiver process. If the player is a free agent your free to pick him up immediately and the player you dropped will go to waivers.

Hope this helps, good luck.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby jay0582 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:04 am

it did help thank you just a couple of other things, soooo waivers are just for players who have been dropped by other teams, anyone who was undrafted u can just add them correct? or if someone passes through waivers unclaimed then they can be added on a first come first serve basis later in the season right?
jay0582
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Chicago 2 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:17 am

it did help thank you just a couple of other things, soooo waivers are just for players who have been dropped by other teams, anyone who was undrafted u can just add them correct? Waivers are for players who have been dropped by other teams and some leagues have it set so that all undrafted players go to waivers.

or if someone passes through waivers unclaimed then they can be added on a first come first serve basis later in the season right? Yes, once they go through waivers unclaimed they are a FA and you can add them on a first come first serve basis.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby jay0582 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:21 am

ok thanks a lot i appreciate the help
jay0582
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Beginner's Forum