Madden 2012 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden 2012

Moderator: Football Moderators

Madden 2012

Postby Chicago 2 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:41 am

What is everyone's thoughts on the new Madden coming out tomorrow?

I feel like this is the first year I'm paying for more than just the roster updates.

The demo was great, collisions seemed real, graphics are improved and the CPU AI on defense wasn't too bad either.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Madden 2012

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:41 pm

I'm stoked! Played the demo the other day after boycotting the game two years ago and then getting into it late last season and getting angry and selling it back. Seems like a number of improvements and just enough fresh content to get me on board again, as I've really been missin' me some Madden. I'll be nerding it up in a midnight release line (just not telling where) :-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:25 am

Got it, who wants to online franchise? or at least play a game...
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:21 am

Man, they should release it during the school year all the time - like 3-4 pimple-faced 17 year-olds (no specific offense intended, just in general terms :-b ) and I got outta there in like 10 minutes. On the downside, I'm tired like the old curmudgeon I feel myself becoming at ripe old age of 29, so off to bed and non-stop play in the morning ;-)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dgan » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:10 pm

So you're saying this is the wrong year to START boycotting? Man, the past 2 or 3 years I just couldn't go without and regretted it each time. This year, I said that's it. And NOW you're telling me they really fixed some things?

Post your reactions here, because I'm interested to know. Last season it was like TechnoBowl. There were certain plays on certain teams that were indefensible against a human opponent. I forget which team he used, but I was playing online and the guy ran a screen pass every play and I could not stop it. It was like the CPU would not allow you to get to the ball carrier. Ditched that game the next day.

And I'm 34...you're not a curmudgeon until you hit 30!
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:39 pm

Anyone been playing online yet, specifically on the 360? I have literally had half of my games end because of a desync error and it's really starting to get old. Kind of quits like the old days when people would "disc glitch", but I don't suspect shenanigans on about 9/10 I've had as they've either been within a TD or I've been losing big (in two cases O:-) ). EA needs to get it together - this game is a hot mess online ...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:03 pm

ive only played franchise mode myself. knocked a whole season out already :-D. im not a big madden online kind of guy unless its with friends. the madden online community in my experience has always been about learning a cheap exploit in the game and abusing it for 4 quarters...either that or quitting when they are behind. no thanks :-b
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Chicago 2 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:47 am

WaCougMBS wrote:Anyone been playing online yet, specifically on the 360? I have literally had half of my games end because of a desync error and it's really starting to get old. Kind of quits like the old days when people would "disc glitch", but I don't suspect shenanigans on about 9/10 I've had as they've either been within a TD or I've been losing big (in two cases O:-) ). EA needs to get it together - this game is a hot mess online ...

I have not experienced this error yet on the 360 but I've only played 10 games online.

What I have experienced is terrible lag, kids quitting shortly after they lose the lead . 3 times I've gone up 14-0 in the first and the opposition quits, I've been down 21 points at half and come back to win, I don't understand why you would just give up but I'll take the W. I think out of the 10 games only 3 I've fully completed.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby mattb47 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:31 pm

Does anyone want to start up an online franchise with just Cafe guys?
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby daullaz » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:42 am

mattb47 wrote:Does anyone want to start up an online franchise with just Cafe guys?

I may be in for that. PM me if you get enough responses.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Video Games