12 Team League Just Drafted- Please Rate, WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 Team League Just Drafted- Please Rate, WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 Team League Just Drafted- Please Rate, WHIR

Postby ThunderSnarfer » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:54 am

Passing: 6 per Passing TD, -2.5 INT, 1 per 25 yards, 2 per 2pt, 1 for 50+yard TD.
Receiving Rushing: 1 per 10 yards, 6 per TD, .5 reception
Defense/Kicker: Standard

What are your thoughts on this team? Wish I got maybe 1 more viable running back for my bench but overall I think it went really well. Ill help you out if you help me. Team is down below with round/pick drafted. I had the second pick in the draft. Thanks!

QB Tony Romo, Dal QB (4.11)
RB Ray Rice, Bal RB (1.2)
RB Matt Forte, Chi RB (3.2)
RB/WR Reggie Bush, Mia RB (6.11)
WR Hakeem Nicks, NYG WR (2.11)
WR Brandon Marshall, Mia WR (5.2)
TE Owen Daniels, Hou TE (7.2)
D/ST Packers D/ST D/ST (9.2)
K Alex Henery, Phi K (13.2)

Bench Steve Smith, Car WR (8.11)
Bench Ricky Williams, Bal RB (10.11)
Bench Lance Moore, NO WR (11.2)
Bench Jacoby Ford, Oak WR (12.11)
Bench Delone Carter, Ind RB (14.11)
Bench Jason Campbell, Oak QB (15.2)
ThunderSnarfer
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Graphics ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 12 Team League Just Drafted- Please Rate, WHIR

Postby joheshy55 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:08 am

First off, Hakeem Nicks aint worth a number 2 pick for me.... only cuz he only had a few break out games last year. you could have gotten a better second round pick wr for sure. And i wouldnt count so much on marshall this year seeing as how he doesnt have a good QB in MIa to throw the ball. Just be aware of inconsistancy from him. as for everything else, romo stays healthy should be fine quarter back, probably could had waited a round or 2 to get a fairly decent quarter back, not sure 4th rround is worthy or romo. Im not into picking a defense in single digit round draft picks just because it so inconsistant along with kickers. your depth is terrible. to be honest if your record is less than 500 dont be shocked.
joheshy55
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Fuqyu » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:23 pm

I don't like Nicks at the end of the 2nd either, but I think Marshall is a good pickup in the 5th. Romo is a ? for me, I'm not sure what I think of the Cowboys offense this season. Bush I'm also not sold on, but he might do well. Overall, I think it's a decent draft, but not perfect.

Help? http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=493044
Fuqyu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 40)

Postby P1Army » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:39 pm

Don’t let them scare you, nicks is fine at the end of round 2. The Giants will be getting burned, their defense will be terrible especially starting off the season so you should find Eli and company in plenty of shoot outs. In the first 6 games before the bye the Giants will face imposing secondaries the likes of Washington, Seattle, St. Louis and Buffalo…you can never rate defenses before the season starts, who knows who will break out, but I wouldn’t worry too much about Nicks putting up decent numbers against those teams. Your depth at WR is awful though, Steve Smith has been on the downside of his career for the past 2 seasons or longer and I certainly don’t see Cam Newton Breathing new life into his fantasy potential. Jacoby ford has one thing and one thing only going for him, he can run fast. This will be good for the occasional big play but beyond that he’ll have a mostly quiet season. Lance Moore is the best bench receiver you’ve got. You went DST and kicker too soon, in the 9th there should have been plenty of decent upside receiving options left. See the thing about a defense a team DST is that you can always trade for the one you want, but you will not be able to sell it for anything of real value. Imagine how much better your team looks if you’ve got let’s say Dion Branch or Lee Evans or Nate Burleson and the falcons team DST. If you add plenty of skill position depth you are just one injury away from a star starter and trade bait for the DST that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. I’d start scrounging around the waiver wire and adding guys like Antonio Brown, look at the falcons WR depth and sniff around to see who is winning receiver battles in STL, look at the depth in the colts camp, Collie is not a lock to start the season. Arizona also has a decent looking # 2 receiver. Do some work, and consider parting ways with Steve Smith of the panthers for Steve Smith of the eagles he has a ton more upside.

Wait a sec, Jason Campbell and Jacoby ford…you are a raiders fan aren’t you? that is the only thing that makes sense with hose picks…

viewtopic.php?t=493046
Send questions direct to my twitter account @gallegosdavidm
P1Army
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Silence » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:50 pm

Your Rb 1 and 2 are pretty nasty so you've got that going for you. Tony romo could also end up with a pretty good season this year but yea it's a little bit early in the draft.

Like others have said I'd be a little bit careful with those miami guys henee sucks, so marshal isn't going to get too many balls. they'll always be behind so they aren't going to be running a ton.

Rate me? Thanks!
viewtopic.php?t=492991
QB Brady
RB Martin, Sproles, Tate, Bradshaw
WR A Boldin, J Nelson, Welker, Hartline, Amendola, M Wallace
TE M Bennent
Kicker Hartley
Def Den
12 person standard scoring league
Silence
Water Boy
Water Boy