3 drafts since Thursday, WHIR. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

3 drafts since Thursday, WHIR.

Moderator: Football Moderators

3 drafts since Thursday, WHIR.

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:52 am

Team 1 - Sex Panther (SB), drafted from the 3rd slot
12 team PPR - QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/Flex (W/R/T), K, D
6 PT all TD, .5 PPR, +3 at 350 yards passing, +6 at 400, +3 at 150 yards rush/rec, +6 at 200, 35 return yards = 1 pt, standard other wise

QB Schaub, Cassel
WR Austin, Wayne, Colston, Ford, Hester
RB Rice, D. Williams, Ingram, M. Bush, J. Harrison
TE Gronkowski
K Rackers
D Eagles

Team 2 - The Jeffery, drafted from the 1st slot
10 team PPR - QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/Flex (W/R/T), K, D
.5 PPR, standard otherwise, roster reqs - 2 QB, 3 WR, 3 RB, 2 TE, 2 K, 2 D, +1 any position (took a 4th RB) had to be drafted and must honor those reqs all season.

QB Romo, Stafford
WR Nicks, V. Jackson, B. Marshall
RB Foster, Best, R. Bush, J. Addai
TE Daniles, Hernandez
K Hanson, Folk
D Chargers, Lions

Team 3 - I Caca Dao VC, drafted from the 2nd slot
10 team PPR - QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/Flex (W/R/T), K, D
1 PPR, +1 at 300 yards passing, +2 at 350, +3 at 400 (stack), +1 at 100 yards rush/rec, +2 at 150, +3 at 200 (stack), pretty much standard otherwise.

QB P. Manning, Stafford
WR Nicks, Welker, Britt, Collie, A. Brown
RB Rice, Gore, Greene, R. Williams, K. Hunter
TE Gronkowski, Pettigrew
K Rackers
D Packers

I'm pretty happy with the results in all 3 (Foster's hammy is a concern, but hey, what can you do), any and all feedback is appreciated & welcome.

WHIR
Last edited by Sex Panther on Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 3 drafts since Thursday, WHIR.

Postby Conrax » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:57 pm

Going to post 3 different posts for the 3 different teams.

First: Sex Panther (SB)
QB: Schaub should continue to put up numbers because the offense is high powered. Not a fan of Cassel mainly because of the schedule he faces but should still serve you well as a backup.

WR: Like Austin this year with Romo back, Wayne depends on if Peyton is back under center, which it does because he was activated from the PUP earlier today, but with Peyton back there Wayne will be a good WR2. Colston should enough targets and TDs to produce just maybe up and down in production because Brees likes to spread the ball around. My problem is Hester I have honestly not seen Hester being drafted, I would look for Amendola, Mike Sims-Walker, Jacoby Ford, possibly Bernard Berrian, because right now Hester is stuck behind Johnny Knox, Roy Williams, and tied with Earl Bennett for being the 3rd WR.

RB: Like your RBs, Rice should be better without McGahee in the backfield to vulture TDs, D Williams will put up numbers if healthy he will get the most carries, but Stewart will get the receptions out of the backfield and could take TDs away. Ingram has been good in the preseason and it will be interesting to see how he is used during the regular season but I see him easily being the #1 RB in New Orleans and getting the most carries. I like the pick of Harrison because of Best's injury and Harrison in his own right has looked pretty good running the ball.

TE: Banking on Gronkowski putting similar numbers as last year, think it is risky particularly without a backup.

K and Def are K and Def as long as you have one you should be good.

Overall: Solid roster, good depth, just a few things could be improved on but no roster is ever perfect.
Conrax
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Conrax » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:21 pm

Team 2 - The Jeffery

QB: Romo should come back and put up numbers, not elite QB be good enough to produce week in week out. Stafford could be really good if he stay healthy and if he does that I can easily see him pass Romo as your starter.

WR: I love your WRs, Nicks and Jackson are going to be beasts and I like Marshall as a WR3 because the only trouble there is the QB but Chad Henne should do well enough to be able to get Marshall receptions and TDs

RB: Mixed review: Foster is Foster, I think he will continue to be an elite back and he says he is healthy so I am going to trust him with that hamstring. Best: I liked him last year until that injury sidelined his season, I think Detroit will limit him somewhat to keep him healthy but he has explosive power that he will be a good RB2. Not a fan of Bush nor Addai. Bush should help because of PPR but that will be all he will get receptions while Daniel Thomas gets the carries. Addai's health just bothers me just keep an eye on it and if he does go down pick up Delone Carter because it doesn't look like the Colts really trust Brown.

TE: I like your TEs, Daniels has looked good in the preseason and I think will be an elite TE at the end of this season. For Hernandez would rather have Gronkowski on that team, but Hernandez did well in his own right he should be good as a backup to Daniels.

Kicker is a Kicker

Defense: interesting defenses Lions looked against New England this weekend and that was without some of the DL in the game could end being good. You should be fine here mixing and matching.

Overall: I think your weak spot on this roster is the RBs, you have Best's and Addai's health to deal with and Bush who should be a WR instead of a RB. And I think your WRs are a strength for this roster having Nicks, Jackson, and Marshall
Conrax
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Conrax » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:44 pm

Team 3 - I Caca Dao VC

QB: Peyton's health is the concern here when he was coming off his knee injury he started out slow and I am wondering if the same thing will happen with this neck injury. If you can get Matt Ryan I would like it better because all the weapons Ryan will surrounded with will serve him well. I mean he threw 22-42 in the first half against the Steelers. If not you will have Stafford's updside and looking good this preseason, but until he plays all 16 games the injury concern will be there.

WR: Nicks will be a beast, Welker is a PPR beast, Britt should be good because he is not getting suspended and now has a better QB in Hasseback problem there is without CJ2K could see teams double teaming Britt and forcing the Titans to run the ball though Harper has looked good so far this preseason. Collie amazes and scares me, he amazes me that he has gone through that many concussions and still wants to play and he scares me because he has had that many concussions. Talent wise Collie is good, health wise is the concern here.

RB: No problems with Rice and Gore, The Jets run enough that Greene will get touches it just depends on what he does with those touches could determine if LT or McKnight takes some away. I like the pickup of Ricky Williams though I don't feel as he will take away a ton of TDs from Rice. Hunter I understand is a handcuff for Gore but that all Hunter is, he will not take anything away from Gore only when Gore gets hurt will Hunter step in and he may not completely step in because Dixon is still there.

TE: I like Gronkowski better with Pettigrew as a backup, Pettigrew did really well even though Stafford was not at QB, so with mixture of these you should be fine.

love the Packers Defense and Rackers will serve well as your kicker.

Overall: If you get Matt Ryan your QB, Def, TEs, and K are good. Your starting WRs and RBs are good, your depth at those positions could be a problem. I think your WR depth is better then your RB depth.
Last edited by Conrax on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conrax
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby RAMFantasyFootball » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:45 pm

Draft 1
Need help at RB and TE, but other than that, pretty solid. Not so high on Cassel this year, though. If Schaub goes down, you could be in trouble.

Draft 2
Really like this team. Maybe trade one of your QBs for a RB2 and QB2.

Draft 3
Easily your strongest draft. You may need to improve your WRs, but then again, you may not. If you have to, it's good you have Manning and Stafford.
RAMFantasyFootball
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings