K Josh Brown, StL K Draft
Bench Malcom Floyd, SD WR P Draft
Bench Brandon Jacobs, NYG RB Draft
Bench Lee Evans, Bal WR Q Free Agency
Bench Beanie Wells, Ari RB Free Agency
Bench Mark Sanchez, NYJ QB Trade
Bench Kyle Orton, Den QB Free Agency
Bench Antonio Brown, Pit WR Free Agency

It is a 10 man non-ppr, non-keeper league. Standard scoring. I traded Hillis, Bradshaw, and Flacco, to get Foster and Sanchez. Sanchez and Rodgers have the same bye week, so I am just holding onto Sanchez in hopes that some starting QB gets injured (terrible thing to say I know, but please take it in context LOL) and someone is in a bind for a QB.

What do you guys think? Our league drafted before preseason started, so that is why I have already made some adjustments. Some guys I reached for to have a good year weren't looking good, while some others were, blah blah blah. But I think I have played the waiver wire well, and gave myself very good potential.
mase088
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my team after trade

Postby LMack » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:29 am

I like your team after that trade.

I am a bit wary of Arian Foster with all the news of his hamstring injuries, but he still is a supreme talent. Aaron Rodgers is a top QB, so I agree with your decision to move Joe Flacco, who was your backup. You did trade away some RB depth in Peyton Hillis and Ahmad Bradshaw that forced you to slot Cedric Benson in at your flex position, so that is worth noting. I'm not a huge believer in Cedric Benson, but you have Beanie Wells to step in that flex spot if Wells can stay healthy.

As far as wide receiver and tight end goes, Hakeem Nicks, Stevie Johnson, and Kellen Winslow are all options who have a chance to net high reception totals with good yardage and scores. Winslow seems to be underrated considering he is Josh Freeman's number 2 target on the emerging Bucs offense.

All in all, a solid team. Good luck ;-D
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby mase088 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:55 am

I think that between the workload Wells and Benson will be seeing, both of them, depending on match ups, will be a solid flex play. But I agree with you on Benson, I like him at flex strictly because of how many carries I think he will get this year, which is a lot. Jacobs also has every opportunity to be a solid flex seeing as him and Bradshaw are in a constant battle to see who will get the majority of carries. Not to mention he seems to be the go to goal line guy. If Bradshaw every get's cut out of the picture, Jacobs will be a great flex play and probably a good RB2 as well.
mase088
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby dtownsound8 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:03 pm

Really solid team overall.

Stevie Johnson will not repeat this year. Once teams figured out they needed to pay attention to him, his production went down. Being that you already have FOSTER and Green as your RB1 & RB2... i'd be trying to trade Benson or Wells for a solid WR2. Whichever you trade off, you're still left with a solid flex play.

It would be a tough call as to which one to give up though. Benson has decent talent but plays on a shitty offense. Weanie plays on a decent offense but has shitty talent. Still... both are the workhorse backs on their respective teams and both make a viable flex fill.

Otherwise... I like this team. Solid

Thoughts on mine?...
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=493143
dtownsound8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Postby mase088 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:11 pm

Thanks guys.

Yea I'm not sold on Stevie yet, but I am thinking of trading Sanchez for a good WR when the time is right. There are very few circumstances where I'll actually need him, so that is probably going to be the best value I can get for him in my league. Unless someone has a major QB crisis, I probably wouldn't be able to get better than a Flex or WR2.
mase088
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings