Thoughts on a couple of my draft picks... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Thoughts on a couple of my draft picks...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thoughts on a couple of my draft picks...

Postby Those About To Rock » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:53 am

In the first round of my draft, when my pick (6th overall) came around the best value on the table was between Reggie Wayne and L. Blount. For me, either of these guys was going to be on the bench. I went with Wayne over Blount.

I told myself no rookies until round 3, so with my 2 2nd round picks I picked up a backup RB and Jason Witten.

In 3rd/4th round, though, I did my favorite thing -- drafting those untested rookies! I can't help it, I love rookies in keeper format. In these two rounds I managed to get both J. Jones and AJ Green. My thoughts was that if only one of these two hyped rookies manages to bank, I'll have him.

Good idea? Bad idea? Thoughts in general on picking up both rookie WRs and Wayne over Blount. Only other rookie I picked up was a later D. Thomas.
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Thoughts on a couple of my draft picks...

Postby Dolfan19 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:02 pm

good job getting those guys in a keeper format in the 3rd. Both of those WRs should have good careers.
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 53)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions