First year fantasy player PLZ rate my team! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

First year fantasy player PLZ rate my team!

Moderator: Football Moderators

First year fantasy player PLZ rate my team!

Postby Six-Paths-Of-Pain » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:57 am

Hi this is my first year playing fantasy so just looking for some veterans opinions of my team. I am playing in a 10 man standard head to head league, I had 7th pick in a snake draft. Im going to list the players in order of them being drafted. Thanks in advance for your help. On a side note im entertaining the possibility of trading Blount and Stevie Johnson for Ray Rice and Lee Evans. I feel like since I have Andre I could let Stevie go for a sub par Lee Evans and gain a RB i think might have a huge year, any opinions on this are welcome.
Andre Johnson
Darren Mcfadden
Tom Brady
Legarrette Blount
Dez Bryant
Stevie Johnson
Steeler Defense
Dan Thomas
CJ Spiller
Kellen Winslow
Julio Jones
Ronnnie Brown
Jay Cutler
Rob Bironas
Greg Olsen
Danny Amendala
Six-Paths-Of-Pain
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: First year fantasy player PLZ rate my team!

Postby LMack » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:39 am

Welcome the Cafe! ;-D

As far as the trade goes, I would without a doubt do that deal if you start 2 WR, 2 RB, and 1 Flex. If you have to start 3 WRs, this starts to change things a bit. Ray Rice is in line for a huge year. Williams McGahee is out and all signs are pointing to the fact that he will get to operate with a huge workload including goal line work. I'd like to own him in as many leagues possible this year, but the price is a little bit too steep if you have to start 3 wideouts. I'm not sold on Lee Evans as a starting wideout. He has decent upside and he could benefit as the deep threat in Baltimore, but he's just not someone I'm comfortable banking on in a ten team league. So to recap that, if it's a league where you start 2 WRs, I'd do it easily. If you have to start 3 wide outs, I'd have to think about it a little harder.

You drafted well for a first year player. You made a couple draft choices that I don't love, particularly going for a defense pretty early, but you ended up with a solid squad. Let me know what the situation is as far as roster settings go. Good luck in 2011.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby dtownsound8 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:56 am

okay here goes:

Andre Johnson and Dez Bryant are great WRs for your top 2. You're set there.
Brady will be top notch again. No concerns here either.

Not high on Blount. He'd be a GREAT flex play but I'm not sold on him as a RB2. Especially when your RB1 is Run DMC. He's hardly lived up to his hype until last year but you can't forget he still plays for Oakland and they took a huge step back on DEF with the loss of Namdi. This doesnt bode well for Oakland's offence in terms of their time on the field. Don't get me wrong. Mcfadden has potential to be great again, but it's a roll of the dice. High ceiling, low floor.

Regardless of whether you play 3 WRs or 2 WRs, Stevie Johnson will NOT blow up like he did last year. He took defenses by surprise last year. Teams learned to game plan for him and his production tapered off. Expect more of the same this year. I like Julio Jones. By midseason he'll be your WR3 if you have that spot in your league.

Basically... if the other manager is dumb enough to take that offer... you bank on it and grin the rest of the season.

You took a defense WAY too early.

Kellen WInslow is a great TE to have on your team.... as a backup with lots of upside. With TE as deep as it is, you could have done better.

I know people aren't high on Ronnie Brown but I like this pick. If McCoy gets injured he'll be in a great position to rack up points.

Not a bad draft for a first timer... you'll learn a lot as the season goes on. Good luck!!

Thoughts on mine?...
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=493143
dtownsound8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Postby Six-Paths-Of-Pain » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:54 am

Thank you both for your input. In my league we run 2 RB 2WR 1 flex RB/WR. As far as the aforementioned trade he was all about it draft day cuz he loves Blount but he sobered up Lulz. Approx. 1/2 of the league first year players the other 1/2 2-3 year. Heres another ? for you im considering trading Stevie Johnson for Fred Jackson. I had concerns about Mcfadden when drafting him(course if he makes a full season it would be excellent) so have been thinking about another back plus jackson could be a ok flex. I have pretty good guys WR wise and and I believe Julio Jones will be a serviceable substitute on my wide-outs bye-weeks. Im also pretty sure that if Darren goes down no one in my league will have grabbed Taiwan Jones who I think has shown some ability and will be default #2 so I can get him off the waiver. So my question is, is the Stevie Johnson Fred Jackson trade a smart one? I know the season hasn't started but do I really need Johnson with my WR's? Also the same owner with Rice countered with MJD for Blount and Johnson. Im afraid of MJD with the knee and I know he produces year in and year out but I have always wondered how long can he beat the odds in Jacksonville?
Six-Paths-Of-Pain
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Roster Ratings