Non PPR Standard 2011 Will rate in return! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Non PPR Standard 2011 Will rate in return!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Non PPR Standard 2011 Will rate in return!

Postby Fuqyu » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:06 pm

12 man league, standard non-PPR scoring. I drafted 12th out of 12. I will list my players in draft order and position order. You start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF.

DRAFT

1.) M. Turner, RB, Atl
2.) F. Gore, RB, SF
3.) P. Manning, QB, Ind
4.) R. Wayne, WR, Ind
5.) B. Edwards, WR, SF
6.) M. Floyd, WR, SD
7.) A.J. Green, WE, Cin
8.) M. Tolbert, RB, SD
9.) J. Starks, RB, GB
10.) Eagles Defense
11.) S. Bradford, QB, Stl
12.) D. Amendola, WR, Stl
13.) T. Gonzalez, TE, Atl
14.) L. Tomlinson, RB, NYJ
15.) M. Bryant, K, Atl

I had to reach early for the Eagles D, since several defenses were already off the board at that point and I think they will have a good year. I also had to reach for all the receivers I wanted, because they were going quickly in my league.
Fuqyu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Non PPR Standard 2011 Will rate in return!

Postby mase088 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:48 pm

Your QB's are looking good. Your starting RB's look great, but your depth at RB isn't that good. Your WR's are looking pretty good, with solid depth, even though you didn't get any WR I'd consider to be top tier. Your good starting RB's should balance that out. As long as Gore and Turner stay healthy, I think you'll do alright.

If you could rate mine that would be great.
viewtopic.php?t=493038
mase088
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)

Postby P1Army » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:15 pm

Wow, i don't know what to say the previous poster is kind of in the dark apparently. Look your depth at RB is fantastic. Tolbert will see plenty of touches in an offense that knows how to put up a ton of points, Starks may end up being the starter in GB and if you watched any preseason football he is clearly favored as the pass catching back in a solid passing offense that also knows how to score tons of points. Tomlinson is the same story...if you need to plug him in for a week or 2 your going to get decent production out of his 10 or so touches. Where you are really thin is at WR, Braylon Edwards cant seem to get the butter off his gloves and has a sketchy QB. Malcom Floyd is made of glass, sorry, but he had hamstring issues all last year and was concussed already this season. Patrick Crayton will have more catches and may end the season higher than Floyd. Green is unproven, dazzling in preseason, but whether or not that will hold up for 16 weeks is yet to be seen. I imagine Amendola will probably see plenty of time in your starting lineup because after Reggie Wayne he is the most reliable/consistent option on your roster.

you are not going to get what you want in trade for any of your RB depth but here a few names to add to your watch list that may have gone undrafted.

Donnie Avery
Antonio Brown
Steve Smith (PHI)
Harry Douglas
Greg Little (Most chance to be this years Stevie Johnson)

I think you will be kicking yourself at passing on receiver and drafting the eagles defense so early. I would imagine that in round 10 you could have scored, Lee Evans, Nate Burleson, Dion Branch or the Like...those are much more valuable picks than that Eagles D.
Send questions direct to my twitter account @gallegosdavidm
P1Army
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Silence » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:41 pm

Your running backs look pretty good, but I'd be a bit worried about my wide receivers.
Edwards is going into a new team that just went through a coaching change and he still does have Alex smith throwing to him which no one wants. Floyd should be fine but not really a #1 option.

Bradford should be a sufficient backup if p manning can't start on week one.

Rate me?
viewtopic.php?t=492991
Thanks
QB Brady
RB Martin, Sproles, Tate, Bradshaw
WR A Boldin, J Nelson, Welker, Hartline, Amendola, M Wallace
TE M Bennent
Kicker Hartley
Def Den
12 person standard scoring league
Silence
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby mase088 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:15 pm

P1Army wrote:Wow, i don't know what to say the previous poster is kind of in the dark apparently. Look your depth at RB is fantastic. Tolbert will see plenty of touches in an offense that knows how to put up a ton of points, Starks may end up being the starter in GB and if you watched any preseason football he is clearly favored as the pass catching back in a solid passing offense that also knows how to score tons of points. Tomlinson is the same story...if you need to plug him in for a week or 2 your going to get decent production out of his 10 or so touches. Where you are really thin is at WR, Braylon Edwards cant seem to get the butter off his gloves and has a sketchy QB. Malcom Floyd is made of glass, sorry, but he had hamstring issues all last year and was concussed already this season. Patrick Crayton will have more catches and may end the season higher than Floyd. Green is unproven, dazzling in preseason, but whether or not that will hold up for 16 weeks is yet to be seen. I imagine Amendola will probably see plenty of time in your starting lineup because after Reggie Wayne he is the most reliable/consistent option on your roster.

you are not going to get what you want in trade for any of your RB depth but here a few names to add to your watch list that may have gone undrafted.

Donnie Avery
Antonio Brown
Steve Smith (PHI)
Harry Douglas
Greg Little (Most chance to be this years Stevie Johnson)

I think you will be kicking yourself at passing on receiver and drafting the eagles defense so early. I would imagine that in round 10 you could have scored, Lee Evans, Nate Burleson, Dion Branch or the Like...those are much more valuable picks than that Eagles D.

Sorry if you think I'm "in the dark", but what I was trying to say was if Gore or Turner go down, Starks, Tolbert, and LT are not even close replacements for the starters. Starks is the only one I see with the potential of being a quality replacement, and it isn't quite set in stone as of yet. There is still a very high possibility he does very little this season. LT will not be seeing nearly the number of carries he did last year, Greene will be getting them. And Matthews is healthy and looking like a good player to rip a nice run for SD which means Tolbert is probably going to be more of the goal line guy.

I realize one of these guys could be good for a bye week fill in, but since Gore recently had hip problems, I would have tried to grab a better insurance policy. Gore hasn't made it through a whole season since 2006. If he is out, the back-ups he has are not the best replacements. Could have been better.

Between all the talent he has at receivers, with Greene looking very good, Floyd not looking bad at all when he is healthy, Amendola looking good, and obviously Wayne being the best, I don't see any flaw in the WR line-up. Wayne, Greene, should almost certainly be the most used on his team.
mase088
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)

Postby osbtensor » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:34 pm

sorry guys i've got to agree with mr in-the-dark.. i like turner and gore, but sticky situations are both cases and if they faulter (either of them) you're in a bad place with nobody to take a slot. i think your team is solid as long as everyone holds up.. I think you should be looking for maybe a trade to help out with the RB situation. Put some people on the block and see if anyone bites.. just a thought.

mine? viewtopic.php?t=492995
osbtensor
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Irish Drunk » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:44 pm

Braylon Edwards in the 5th round is a reach. Floyd in the 6th was too high as well.
Bradford and Gonzalez were great value picks, as was Starks who will see plenty of touches in GB.

Overall I like the squad I'm not as down on Turner as others are. Gore is still valuable, despite the offense he plays in. Manning will be fine and is a top 3 QB. Solid team.
Trash Talkin Boozers League Champion 2008 & 2009, Super Bowl Champion 2010
Irish Drunk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby P1Army » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:28 am

Ok lets really break this down,

Turner, Finished 3rd overall in rushing yards in 2010 and is now plying in an improved offense with more vertical weapons to keep defensive fronts softer. Even in a 2009 season where turner missed time he posted a career high 4.9 YPC and still finished the season in the top 20 running backs.

Gore in 11 games last year still finished just outside the top 20 in rushers and posted over 450 receiving yards. For the games that Gore will play he will be a very solid contributor to that team. Injuries are always a problem with this guy so I could see buying some insurance for him a bit later in the season or making a move to trade him away after his first solid game, I guarantee you’ll get more in trade form frank gore than you will for any, ANY of the receivers on this team. Up until last season even with gore missing time he never posted fewer than 1,036 rushing yards and 373 receiving yards. The guy is a good addition to any fantasy team.

Now let’s take a peek at those Starting receivers.

Reggie Wayne, Solid, you can’t get more consistent than Wayne since his 2004 season Wayne has stepped outside the top 10 in receiving production only once in 2005 where he still finished in the top 20. Wayne is vastly underrated going into fantasy drafts and I think he is a steal with a pick in the 4th round.

Braylon Edwards is where this roster starts to get shaky. Going back from 2010 Edwards has placed 24th, 56th,31st, 7th and 28th. So only once in the last 5 seasons has Edwards placed not just inside the top ten but the top 20 and that one year in 2007 was the only time in his entire career that he posted more than 1000 yards and double digit scores. The runner up season was last season as a Jet where he recorded 904 yards and 7 scores. Granted this could be signs of life but I think that notion was quickly snuffed out when he made the move to SF with Alex Smith under center who has a career passer rating of 72.1 (that’s out of a possible 158.3).

Malcom Floyd, has never posted more than 767 yards in a season and last year when he was supposed to be the starter he set a career best in scores with 6. Malcom will return to his role as occasional deep threat and or the 4th receiving target on the field behind gates, Jackson, Matthews/Tolbert. Granted this is your 3rd receiver here but we are quickly seeing the type of quality depth you are lacking at this position.

As for the bench players. A.J Green is a rookie being thrown to by a rookie so there is just no way to tell, this guy may turn out to be something special, perhaps the Stevie johnson of the 2011 season so I can’t blame him for being drafted but I can say that he is as of now an unreliable and unproven backup option.

Amendola however will probably end up starting over Edwards early on in the season, he has great rapport built with Bradford and with McDaniel’s working on building him in the Wes Welker mold he could end up being your second most consistent contributor making him a weekly starter.

So since you start only 2 RBs and you’ve arguable got 2 top 10 guys. There is not much to worry about for RB depth. I can tell you that Starks, and Tolbert have good upside and you know what you’ll get from LT a few catches a few rushes and the possibility of a score. I can tell you that I would rather start any of those 3 guys over Dixon and Hunter. Not that trying to get one of those guys off waivers at some point won’t be a bad idea. I would just say that to start the year. With everyone healthy, your biggest weakness is at receiver. And going out and trying to get some good high upside guys to stash on your roster might be better for your fantasy future than trying to replace guys at RB that aren’t even missing time yet.
Send questions direct to my twitter account @gallegosdavidm
P1Army
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Roster Ratings