Would you keep Matt Forte over Drew Brees? WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Would you keep Matt Forte over Drew Brees? WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Would you keep Matt Forte over Drew Brees? WHIR!

Postby NFL1527 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:21 pm

Hey gents,

Thought I'd pick the brain of some of you regarding a situation I'm facing.

I'm going into the 2nd year of a PPR Keeper Football League with a bunch of my buddies. It's a 12-team league and each team keeps 2 players per year at any position.

My current two "listed" keepers are Drew Brees + Calvin Johnson.

Last year I tried for the win and traded my 1st round pick away. Therefore, with NO 1st round pick and no RB as my keeper I'm thinking of not keeping Brees and keeping Matt Forte instead. What would you guys do - stick with Brees or keep Forte? Running back is just such a shallow position so I'm worried that if I don't keep one, plus the fact that I don't have a 1st round pick to draft one, that's really going to hurt me as by the time my pick (16th overall) comes in the 2nd round it will be very slim pickings whereas I could land a decent QB like Schaub, Matt Ryan, E.Manning, etc with a mid-round pick. I'm big on Calvin's upside so dropping him I don't see as an option. On a side note, I also own Mike Wallace so if any of you would rather keep him over Forte or Brees I would love to hear your feedback.

To give you an idea of what players are being kept in my pool here is the list..

Team A: Vick and AP
Team B: Brady and MJD
Team C: Rodgers and V.Jax
Team D: Romo and Mendenhall
Team E: Brees and Calvin Johnson
Team F: McFadden and McCoy
Team G: Foster and Andre Johnson
Team H: Chris Johnson and Jamal Charles
Team I: Wes Welker and Greg Jennings
Team J: Turner and Fitzgerald
Team K: Gore and White
Team L: Rice and Hillis

So what do you guys think - stick with Brees or keep Forte or Wallace instead?
Cheers

ps. - If any of you have questions of your own please feel free to post the link to your question down below and I will help you out :)
NFL1527
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Do I keep Drew Brees? WHIR!

Postby Chicago 2 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:37 pm

I see 12 RBs already off the board and then you have to wait an entire round before you pick, I think you have to keep Forte. Plus, Forte only benefits more from a PPR format as well as Calvin Johnson. Like you said, Eli, Schaub, Freeman, Stafford are all solid options later in the draft.

The crop at RB is getting thin and the below is the best available before you pick:

Steven Jackson, StL RB P
Matt Forte, Chi RB
DeAngelo Williams, Car RB
Ahmad Bradshaw, NYG RB P
Knowshon Moreno, Den RB
LeGarrette Blount, TB RB
Jahvid Best, Det RB P
BenJarvus Green-Ellis, NE RB
Felix Jones, Dal RB
Beanie Wells, Ari RB
Ryan Mathews, SD RB
Cedric Benson, Cin RB
Fred Jackson, Buf RB
Shonn Greene, NYJ RB P
Ryan Grant, GB RB
Mark Ingram, NO RB P
Daniel Thomas, Mia RB
Marshawn Lynch, Sea RB P
Tim Hightower, Wsh RB
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Re: Would you keep Matt Forte over Drew Brees? WHIR!

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:40 pm

PPR keeper I'm taking Forte every day and twice on Sunday. He's a top-15 player in the format and makes for a great pair with Megatron as your second keeper. Brees just isn't worth keeping in a keep-2, as Vick and Rodgers are the only guys I'd even consider keeping in that format, and that's only if I didn't like my second guy. ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bungle613 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:52 pm

There is ZERO chance I keep Brees over Forte. There is simply no need to keep Brees with the depth of QB's in the league this year.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jay0582 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:58 pm

with the lack of talent left over for running backs you have to keep forte, not to sound like a broken record here, but its just not really an option especially since u do not have a 1st round pick, it stings a little to let go of brees and wallace, ( wallace is going to have a big year) but there really is no other option here imo
jay0582
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby jay0582 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:58 pm

o yea i forgot,http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=493047 if u can , still no responses would appreciate!
jay0582
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions