I have Romo, he has Peyton: Wayne for Austin? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

I have Romo, he has Peyton: Wayne for Austin? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

I have Romo, he has Peyton: Wayne for Austin? WHIR

Postby chrisjay84 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:36 pm

Like I said I drafted Tony Romo in the 5th and he reached for Peyton in the 3rd. I had Wayne fall to me in the 4th round and he took Austin right after (I probably would have went Austin had I known I was going to get Romo). Do I offer a straight up trade to switch WR so I get the double points for Romo/Austin or hold onto Wayne?

WHIR if you post link
chrisjay84
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: I have Romo, he has Peyton: Wayne for Austin? WHIR

Postby bungle613 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:49 pm

I like Wayne more this year and would not deal him. Double points is meaningless if Wayne outpoints Austin by 25. They have a dog of a game, you also get double of that. Stay put.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:52 pm

bungle613 wrote:I like Wayne more this year and would not deal him. Double points is meaningless if Wayne outpoints Austin by 25. They have a dog of a game, you also get double of that. Stay put.

My thoughts exactly. Don't fall victim to the desire for double points - it's a complete myth as far as the upside, and when the bust hits it hits you that hard. Gotta shoot for the best player regardless of team, and that's Wayne ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chrisjay84 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:53 pm

Thanks guys. Sometimes I need to stop myself lol.
chrisjay84
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby lions16 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:22 pm

I'm on board as well, Wayne will out perform Austin, so unless you can sneak an extra in there I'd stay put.

Thanks for answering mine.
lions16
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby jay0582 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:50 pm

i think austin and wayne are a lot closer then people think, i think wayne does not have a 1300 plus yrd season like last year and austin doesnt have a 1000 yrd season, i see them both in the 1150 yd range and very comparable td stats, so if it makes it more enjoyable to watch your two stars together i think the difference is negligible, but if your talking pure value i think wayne outpoints him by a little, so it probably would not be the smartest thing to do... any help on my situation is appreciated viewtopic.php?f=18&t=493047
jay0582
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby zephyr » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:30 pm

My first reaction is Wayne. He is a proven elite WR. Austin had a huge first half last year but that was out of nowhere and he has to contend with Bryant and Witten. Early in the year, while Peyton's getting back to full strength, Austin might be the guy, however.

Mine?
viewtopic.php?t=493101
zephyr
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Red Winger » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:56 pm

I love Austin. There is a lot of talk about Dez Bryant in Dallas, but the reality is, the only thing that has changed in bid D is that Romo will be back under center, and Miles is his favorite target.
That being said - I hate WR/QB combos for the reasons stated above. When investing, don't put all your money into one stock, the upside may be great, but the downside is a killer. Spread your risk. Stick with Wayne - same upside, half the downside.

Thanks for the help on Mine ;-D
The key to a winning season is focusing on one opponent at a time. Winning one week at a time. Never look back and never look ahead.
Chuck Noll
Red Winger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions