RATE MY TEAM! 10-TEAM LEAGUE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

RATE MY TEAM! 10-TEAM LEAGUE

Moderator: Football Moderators

RATE MY TEAM! 10-TEAM LEAGUE

Postby FantasyLegend » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:54 pm

Please give me a rating on my team. I'm in a 10 team league, and my draft strategy was to wait on drafting a QB, so I waited until round 11. My League is Standard Scoring, Non-PPR.

STARTING LINEUP
QB- Matthew Stafford
RB- Lesean McCoy
RB- Darren McFadden
RB/WR- Beanie Wells
WR- Calvin Johnson
WR- Santonio Holmes
TE- Jermichael Finley
D- Kansas City Chiefs
K- Matt Bryant

BENCH

Joe Flacco, Felix Jones, Percy Harvin, Austin Collie, Chad Ochocinco, Julio Jones, Jared Cook
Last edited by FantasyLegend on Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?" - Vince Lombardi
FantasyLegend
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: RATE MY TEAM! 10-TEAM LEAGUE

Postby HomerJay » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:11 pm

Like your starters and bench....like a typical 10 man league, each team is usually stacked. DMC, McCoy and Felix are a very strong group with tons of upside. Megatron and Harvin are your core WRs, with Holmes acting as a great backup. Finley, stud and Cook is in a really good situation this year and has all the tools to excel this year. I always wait on a QB as well.....Stafford is the definition of risk/reward with a crazy high ceiling this year.

well done ;-D
He who laughs last...thinks slowest
HomerJay
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby boltsfan71 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:17 pm

I think your lineup looks great.

Pray Stafford stays safe but Flacco is decent reserve. Nice to have a QB\WR combo... especially these two players.

Finley should have a stellar year.
boltsfan71
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby FantasyLegend » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:18 pm

HomerJay wrote:Like your starters and bench....like a typical 10 man league, each team is usually stacked. DMC, McCoy and Felix are a very strong group with tons of upside. Megatron and Harvin are your core WRs, with Holmes acting as a great backup. Finley, stud and Cook is in a really good situation this year and has all the tools to excel this year. I always wait on a QB as well.....Stafford is the definition of risk/reward with a crazy high ceiling this year.

well done ;-D

Thanks for the reply man! I feel as if Stafford could be a Top 8 QB potential if he doesn't get injured this year, and he has looked REALLY good in Preseason so far. I'm glad I got him. Two questions. Do you think I should start Jones over Wells? And also what about Harvin over Holmes? Wells is going against the 29th ranked run-defense, so that's why I have him in there, but I'm open to more opinions.
FantasyLegend
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby FantasyLegend » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:52 pm

Thanks for the advice everyone!
FantasyLegend
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby HomerJay » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:55 pm

FantasyLegend wrote:
HomerJay wrote:Like your starters and bench....like a typical 10 man league, each team is usually stacked. DMC, McCoy and Felix are a very strong group with tons of upside. Megatron and Harvin are your core WRs, with Holmes acting as a great backup. Finley, stud and Cook is in a really good situation this year and has all the tools to excel this year. I always wait on a QB as well.....Stafford is the definition of risk/reward with a crazy high ceiling this year.

well done ;-D

Thanks for the reply man! I feel as if Stafford could be a Top 8 QB potential if he doesn't get injured this year, and he has looked REALLY good in Preseason so far. I'm glad I got him. Two questions. Do you think I should start Jones over Wells? And also what about Harvin over Holmes? Wells is going against the 29th ranked run-defense, so that's why I have him in there, but I'm open to more opinions.

You're lucky...you will be debating this all year for the flex. Wells does have the matchup week 1....but good god. Felix has looked unstopable this pre-season. Week one...play it safe. Roll with Beanie. Swing for the fences...Felix. I would always start Harvin over Holmes personally.

good luck
He who laughs last...thinks slowest
HomerJay
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby dmcca212 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:53 pm

FantasyLegend wrote:Please give me a rating on my team. I'm in a 10 team league, and my draft strategy was to wait on drafting a QB, so I waited until round 11.

STARTING LINEUP
QB- Matthew Stafford
RB- Lesean McCoy
RB- Darren McFadden
RB/WR- Beanie Wells
WR- Calvin Johnson
WR- Santonio Holmes
TE- Jermichael Finley
D- Kansas City Chiefs
K- Matt Bryant

BENCH

Joe Flacco, Felix Jones, Percy Harvin, Austin Collie, Chad Ochocinco, Julio Jones, Jared Cook

Not bad! You've got pretty good depth and a lot of stud potential with some of these guys.
dmcca212
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby DCFan17 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:15 pm

Not bad. Depending on your management and the other owners in the league, I'd say you make the playoffs.
DCFan17
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Apoplectic » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:42 pm

I'd try to see if I could upgrade the D, The Chiefs will be definitely be better than last year, but I really don't think they'll be top ten this year. Not exactly sold on Stafford, but for an 11th round pick i think you did well on that one. Ochocinco is a bit of a gamble IMO, the Patriots have quite a bit of WR's and I don't think he'll get the ball in his hands as he used to, and he's getting up their in years; keep him on the bench at most unless he has a resurgence.

Over all I'd give you a B/B+
Apoplectic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 14)

Postby Irish Drunk » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:43 am

I like your QB strategy. I've done the same thing in 2 of my drafts and either got Stafford or Freeman. Stafford is a high risk due to injury but the rewards could be monstrous. He has options all over the field from Megatron to Burleson to Pettigrew to Titus Young and to even Best in the backfield. Could very well be a breakout year for him.

The depth you have at both RB and WR is the real strength of this team. Collie on your bench, wow! The only thing I would like to see is a power runner, although Beanie Wells may well be that guy, we'll see.

Finley is ridiculous and if healthy will destroy the TE position. Did you see his practice highlights, they are sick. He is a phenom.

Defense - not really feeling the Chiefs and they are ranked pretty low in my books. Maybe you know something I don't?

Kicker - Since I saw the special about his kid who died I've been a big Bryant backer. You want guys like this to succeed.

Guess you will be watching alot of Lions games this year :)
Trash Talkin Boozers League Champion 2008 & 2009, Super Bowl Champion 2010
Irish Drunk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Roster Ratings