12 Team, Non PPR - Last Pick. WHIR, Please.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 Team, Non PPR - Last Pick. WHIR, Please..

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 Team, Non PPR - Last Pick. WHIR, Please..

Postby AJPennSt » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:11 pm

Before I list my roster I want to make it clear - I'm not big on taking the CJ2K gamble but when he falls to me at the end of Round 1 I felt like I had no other choice but to take a flier. Someone decided to jump on Ringer earlier than expected so I hurt myself there but I'm thinking about getting Harper. I had the last pick since I won the championship last year. Anyways - please let me know what you think and post your link for help. Thank you!

QB - Josh Freeman, Eli Manning
RB - Chris Johnson, Ryan Matthews, Jonathan Stewart, LaDanian Tomlinson, Delone Carter
WR - Roddy White, Jeremy Maclin, AJ Green, Mike Thomas, Mike Williams (SEA)
TE - Antonio Gates, Rob Gronkowski
K - Mason Crosby
DEF - San Francisco

Thank you!
AJPennSt Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 Team, Non PPR - Last Pick. WHIR, Please..

Postby FantasyLegend » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:01 pm

Nice team man. And I'm not big on taking the CJ2K gamble either, but since he fell to you, it was a good pick. I like your receivers. They are all going to produce some good fantasy numbers this year, and I think AJ Green will have a good rookie season for the Bengals. I don't trust your running backs as much because you only have 2 starters, but Delone Carter can be very valuable if Addai goes down to injury, and L.T. will have a few good weeks splitting time with Green. I'd start L.T., Thomas or Green as your flex play depending on the matchups they have. You may want to improve on the 49ers defense, but you have a good team overall. Nice job. Rate my team for me.

viewtopic.php?t=493077
"If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?" - Vince Lombardi
FantasyLegend
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby duddy24 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:39 pm

im liking it the core of yor team cj2k, gates, and roddy white are gunna have great seasons. i agree with puting greene in the flex as well, he will produce. maybe try and package stewart and thomas for a better rb with more upside then stewart. maybe a daniel thomas or pierre thomas. but overall im liking the team
duddy24
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby HomerJay » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:48 pm

How many RB/WR/Flex do you start?

QB posistion is fine with Eli anchoring your core with Freeman playing the reward/high ceiling QB. I would of taken CJ as well if he lasted that long in the first round. Matthews is a huge worry along with Stewart. Both are playing true split roles with Ryan having more upside. LT..who knows this year. Carter is a great back...but ya need an injury to Addai. Which is almost a lock...keep him. WR...depending on how many you start, if it's two you should be fine. If three...you may struggle a bit. You bit hard on Gates early huh? If you start 2 RBs I would look to beef that up a bit. Feel free to drop LT and your second TE at any time if you see someone on the wire.

all in all...not bad. You'll be competitive
He who laughs last...thinks slowest
HomerJay
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby Bravos of Steel » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:33 pm

AJPennSt wrote:Before I list my roster I want to make it clear - I'm not big on taking the CJ2K gamble but when he falls to me at the end of Round 1 I felt like I had no other choice but to take a flier. Someone decided to jump on Ringer earlier than expected so I hurt myself there but I'm thinking about getting Harper. I had the last pick since I won the championship last year. Anyways - please let me know what you think and post your link for help. Thank you!

QB - Josh Freeman, Eli Manning
RB - Chris Johnson, Ryan Matthews, Jonathan Stewart, LaDanian Tomlinson, Delone Carter
WR - Roddy White, Jeremy Maclin, AJ Green, Mike Thomas, Mike Williams (SEA)
TE - Antonio Gates, Rob Gronkowski
K - Mason Crosby
DEF - San Francisco

Thank you!

Whattt? You got Chris Johnson with the last pick? Amazing job! QB is pretty solid for you, as Freeman and Manning should both be excellent fantasy bets. Mathews is a good bet to break out a little bit this year, and if DWill would ever get injured, Jonathan Stewart would immediately be a top 10 back. WR is where your strength is. White is arguably the top guy in the league this year, and Maclin serves as an awesome WR2 for you. Green has the potential to be a top tier WR as well. Gates and Gronkowski are studly picks as well. Excellent job

Help?

viewtopic.php?t=492973
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Roster Ratings