12 team PPR 4 keepers RMT - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 team PPR 4 keepers RMT

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 team PPR 4 keepers RMT

Postby Jason497 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:43 pm

So I got 3 rounds left in the draft, but here's pretty much how my team has shaked out. 1/10 for yardage, PPR, 1/25 return yards, QBs get 6/TD, 1/25, -1 for INT.

Keepers
QB: Tony Romo
RB: Arian Foster
RB: Frank Gore
WR: Calvin Johnson

1. Antonio Gates TE
2. Brandon Lloyd WR (just missed out on Harvin)
3. Reggie Bush RB (PPR flex play here, nice to get a starting RB in essentially the 7th round)
4. Sam Bradford QB (Waited forever for a backup last year and Romo's injury killed me, so I probably jumped the gun on a QB2 a little early)
5. Mike Sims-Walker WR
6. Steve Smith WR CAR
7. James Starks RB GB
8. Ben Tate RB (Foster handcuff)
9. Antonio Brown WR PIT (Probably a reach but we get 1/25 return yards and if he can putup a 765 6TD statline from the slot like Mike Wallace did 2 years ago and get me 800-1000 yards as the primary KR/PR, he will be a great WR5)
10. Javon Ringer RB
11. Brandon Gibson WR (Ensures I end up with Mcdaniels #1 WR)

Last 3 rounds will probably be backup TE, K, and DEF. If I hate all the defenses left I'll probably take Derrick Ward in the last round just incase and cut whoever is the #3 in HOU before Week 1.

QB: Tony Romo
RB: Arian Foster
RB: Frank Gore
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Brandon Lloyd
TE: Antonio Gates
FLEX: Reggie Bush
K:
DEF:

BENCH
QB Sam Bradford
RB James Starks
RB Javon Ringer
RB Ben Tate
WR Steve Smith CAR
WR Mike Sims-Walker
WR Brandon Gibson
WR/KR/PR Antonio Brown
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 team PPR 4 keepers RMT

Postby LMack » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:07 pm

You went in to the draft with 4 great keepers and you drafted well.

I agree with the order of players you targeting in your draft. Knowing that you had two backs, 1 quarterback, and 1 wide receiver, snagging the top tight end was a good move. Brandon Lloyd should regress some but he gets to have Kyle Orton throwing to him just like last year, so he'll retain some value. Reggie Bush is a flex play in PPR leagues, especially if he can keep the lead back role. It seems Bush won't be returning kicks in Miami (Davone Bess will keep that duty) so he loses a little value there but all in all a decent upside play.

I agree that you probably went for your backup a bit early, but you got decent value throughout the rest of the draft. Sam Bradford should be able to take a step forward with Josh McDaniels as his offensive coordinator, so if Romo falters he'll be able to produce in his place. If all else fails, he could have decent value as a trade chip if you need to patch up somewhere else. The Ben Tate pick looks as important as ever now with questions about Arian Foster's health. I don't think the hamstring is a huge concern, but better safe than sorry.

All in all, your team looks like it should be competitive. It doesn't hurt when you have such a good keeper class. Good luck ;-D
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby Jason497 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:09 pm

Well I picked up Arizona's DEF. Not a sexy pick at all, but the top D's were all gone and if I'm going to play the matchups now I might as well roll with the 6th highest scoring DEF from 2010 who faces Carolina, Washington, and Seattle in the first 3 weeks.

With Arian Foster's hamstring injury looking more severe than originally thought, I wonder if I bypass a #2TE to pickup Derrick Ward here to be safe?

Denarious Moore is still out there too and he was really hyped up a couple weeks ago, I could take them both and have to cut someone for a kicker before week 1.

Still decent TEs on the board like Aaron Hernandez, Jermaine Gresham, Todd Heap and Lance Kendricks.

Maybe I take Moore and Ward and if CJ2K signs I can drop Ringer for a K?

I don't know what I am going to do with these last 2 picks. Maybe you guys could chime in?
Last edited by Jason497 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby Levon83 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:21 pm

Yes, definitely like the keepers. Drafted very well for the most part. I don't believe in hand cuffs. Fantasy Football is a game of strategy and luck. I'm not going to waste a roster space on someone who's going to average less than 5 points a game. Brandon Gibson has potential, but it's still unclear who the #1 WR is going to be in St. Louis, and although I'm excited about Sims-Walker, I'm not quite a believer.
Levon83
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Roster Ratings