10 team league - 9th pick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

10 team league - 9th pick

Moderator: Football Moderators

10 team league - 9th pick

Postby buckeye2k9 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:49 pm

How did I do and what do I need to address? Rules for the league are a little different- we MUST maintain this set number of players at each position, scoring is pretty standard EXCEPT we also get 1 pt per completion, reception, & rush attempt.

QB (start1)
Peyton Manning
Sam Bradford

RB (start 2)
Jamaal Charles
Michael Turner
Ryan Mathews
BenJarvus Green Ellis

WR (start 3)
Calvin Johnson
Mike Williams (TB)
Santonio Holmes
Anquan Boldin
Kenny Britt

TE (start 1)
Jimmy Graham
Zach Miller

K (start 1)
Nick Folk
Dan Carpenter

DEF (start 1)
NY Giants
Miami Dolphins

I picked 9th out of 10 (snake draft) here is my draft order:
1- Charles
2- Turner
3- Manning
4- Johnson
5- Williams
6- Holmes
7- Mathews
8- Boldin
9- Green Ellis
10- Graham
11- Bradford
12- NYG
13- Britt
14- Miller
15- Dolphins
16- Folk
17- Carpenter
buckeye2k9
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 10 team league - 9th pick

Postby speeds102 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:12 pm

Solid team. I think your only weakness is at DEF. NYG have too many injured already. Personally, I'd go with a week to week matchup to pick out a decent DEF. QB - Solid. manning will be back. RB: You'll be alright here WR: You have some depth (nothing spectacular for a 10 team league).

My opinion is you'll be above avg. for a 10 teamer.
speeds102
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 10 team league - 9th pick

Postby dtownsound8 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:56 pm

at first I was geeked about this until I saw it was a 10 team league.

Still a solid team, and above average, but not ridiculous as I originally thought.

I'm all about Megatron this year... not sure how I feel about Williams as my #2. very solid for a #3, but below par for #2. Many will disagree with me there but I don't see Freeman making the big step forward a lot of people are anticipating. Holmes, Boldin, Britt all make up some great WR3s. You're deep here... perhaps Williams proves me wrong... if not, Holmes, Boldin, or Britt could surprise people make make a case for the spot

TE - part of me thinks it's too soon to jump on Jimmy's bandwagon but it's hard to ignore his talent. I think they've been giving him his workload in the preseason because they want to work him out because they want to use him... but on the other hand... counting on anyone in the New Orleans offense is like pulling the handle on a slot machine any given week with how much they spread the ball around. Miller will be good whereever he plays but he wont be GREAT in seattle.

Contrary to what the poster above said, I like NYG for DST. yes they've had their share of injuries but they're still a solid core. I'd be plugging them in when the matchups look at least decent and when they're up against a solid offense I'd be diving into waivers and playing the matchup game

Interesting league set-up. Seems like everyone is rewarded for simply touching the ball. This makes it that much more important that your QBs are in pass heavy offenses, your RBs are workhorses and the clear #1, and your receivers are the go-to on their team
dtownsound8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Roster Ratings