12 BIG MONEY League. PLEASE RATE! WHIR 100%!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 BIG MONEY League. PLEASE RATE! WHIR 100%!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 12 BIG MONEY League. PLEASE RATE! WHIR 100%!!!

Postby Conrax » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:57 pm

QB: 8
RB: 6
WR: 9
TE: 8

QB: I understand why you got Henne and Roethlisberger but doing that you really tied up a roster spot because you really will not be able to drop that 3rd QB until after week 11. Granted if you didn't draft him you would have had to pay for 2 transactions so either way not the greatest situation. As far as Peyton goes I worry about him because I am wondering if this neck injury will be the same as when he started slow coming off the knee injury. So for the first bit you may have to rely on Roethlisberger.

RB: Your RBs really leave something to be desired Bradshaw should be fine and Tim Hightower as looked good in the preseason but this is still a Mike Shanahan offense which means even though Hightower is the starter Shanahan can pull a RB no one had heard of and all of the sudden he is a 1,000 yard rusher. Your depth is not great, though if Starks gets the job in GB then that can really help this roster. I understand why you have Brown because it has looked like he will be catching receptions out of the backfield but I wonder how many plays he will actually be a part of each game while McGahee in the same area looks to be getting consistently a lot of the goal line carries.

WR: Your WRs are best group, Andre and Nicks are just beasts, Mike Thomas is good with PPR. Antonio Brown has looked good in the preseason but I don't know if he can keep it up or stay in the spot when Emmanuel Sanders comes back from injury, though Sanders really hasn't taken away the #1 from Hines Ward so who knows what could happen there. I would rather have Danny Amendola because Amendola led the Rams last year in total receptions and tied Larry Fitzgerald in leading the NFL in redzone targets, some have even called Amendola, Wes Welker version 2.

TE: The main knock here and really isn't the players you selected it is the QB situation for the 49ers is horrible, Davis should still get his receptions because he is the primary receiver because Edwards is average and Crabtree is coming off an injury. I do like the drafting of Cook, with Hasselbeck as the QB and really only Britt as the main receiver for the TItans, Cook should get receptions and some redzone targets which could lead to TDs.

Def: you have the Packers Defense (in my opinion the best defense) which should carry you through the season.

Kickers are Kickers as long as you have one you are good

Overall: I would almost think about either packaging a deal or just trading one of your WRs to get a better RB. Because with PPR is about the pass catching RBs which is why McCoy usually goes about 4th or 5th in PPR drafts because he has so many receptions out of the backfield otherwise is about the best receivers who get the most receptions which is what you have in Andre Johnson. But if Amendola did not get drafted I would instantly pick him up off waviers and drop Brown. But right now your WRs will be carrying you particularly for about the first quarter of the season if Peyton starts off slow.
Conrax
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mase088 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:09 pm

I would try to trade Big Ben along with someone else for a better RB, or another QB so you can drop Henne and free up the roster spot.

Your RB's are both RB 2's in my opinion. I would have gone with Rice or Mccoy before Nicks as your second pick if possible. That being said I like your WR's for this scoring situation. I would just work on grabbing another RB somehow. Maybe Big Ben and Hightower for someone? Who knows.
mase088
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)

Postby McDuff » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:55 pm

QB does look great
WR could not be much better. Antonio Brown has already started to show his big play talent.
TE is very nice also.
RB everyone agrees looks thin. I am not a Bradshaw fan but I see you are! Hightower is going to bust out this year despite the Shanahan curse. Starks looks like he may be the #1 in Green Bay and that would be fantastic for you. i don't like Mike Bush either. Reggie would be way better. I might look for Helu instead of Bush. just because of that damn coach risk. Skins are going to run but who will they use? I can only agree it will not be Torain.
Ronnie Brown (if McCoy went down) would be another fantastic break for you. But I think overall you are in good shape at RB really.
I might not want to hold Henne for 11 weeks as a backup and I think you might want to trade, (wait for it.... gasp!) Peyton now. Ben's value is still way to low to trade but Manning will always get a fantastic value. i would want to package with an RB of yours, or two, in exchange for a #1 RB and a top backup QB like a Bradford maybe. Or you could wait till Manning is back in form (say week 3) to trade Ben or Peyton but you will be dealing from strength and people tend to want more from you when you are actually in position to trade as opposed to when it looks like you are taking a risk. They don't want you to be too strong. Yeah I'd try to move him already.
But hell I'm a dreamer.
McDuff
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dtownsound8 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:10 pm

Great feedback everyone. Thank you

I really plan on needing Big Ben the first few weeks because like others here have mentioned, Manning may be slow to return to form. I was planning on attempting to trade him once I no longer *need* him.

And to what everyone here has said, I was planning on packaging him to try to pick up an RB. Problem is... nobody in this league is willing to trade, which sucks because that's one of the funnest parts of the season if you ask me... the research that goes into it, the opinions you poll, the anxiety you experience when clicking the accept or submit offer button... etc

...but alas, that's how these guys are. Virtually impossible to trade with them and it didn't dawn on me until after the pickup. Still, that wont stop me from trying.

As for Henne, notice there's NINE bench spots in this league. Henne was my 17th pick. After 17 rounds in a 12 team league... there's hardly anyone worth grabbing at that point.

The only person I would ***maaaaaybe*** consider picking up off waivers would be Dexter McCluster but it really seems to me he's someone I'd have sitting on the bench waiting for him to show me something. I like that they're using him as a RB/WR this year in KC, but I don't see consistancy there unless Charles went down and McCluster entered the rotation with Jones.

Anyone you guys can think of that I might be overlooking?
dtownsound8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Postby Irish Drunk » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:20 pm

I agree the RB situation here is tenuous. Instead of grabbing Nicks at #16 I would have taken a RB. I gotta figure a guy like Turner or Gore would have been there - how valuable is that when both are full time RB's in a league where 60% of the teams use a RBBC. You still could have taken Bradshaw in the 3rd round an instead of taking Hightower in the 6th you could have grabbed your WR2 (Harvin, Holmes, Marshall). I'd be far more comfortable with Turner/Gore,Bradshaw & AJ,Harvin/Holmes/Marshall than AJ/Nicks & Bradshaw/Hightower.

I like the Ronnie Brown pick at #160, the Jared Cook pick at #153 but your best value pick was Big Ben at #81.

Questions
1. Why did you select a backup DEF/ST and PK? No need to just pick one up for their respective bye weeks.
2. Who else was there at QB instead of Henne? I project him to be the 3rd worst fantasy QB of all the starters (T Jackson and J Beck being the two worst)
Trash Talkin Boozers League Champion 2008 & 2009, Super Bowl Champion 2010
Irish Drunk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby angels7777 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:29 pm

RB is your weakness - AJ and Nicks solidify your WR core ( you may need to upgrade via trade). I am not a Bradshaw fan this year and Hightower looks good now but that is subject to change as the season rolls along. Maybe sell Hightower with Yahoo hyping him up at the moment...

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=492866
10 tms
.5 PPR, 6 pts for pass TD

QB- Cam
WR- AJ Green, J. Nelson, J. Gordon
RB- Sproles, Forte
TE- Graham
FLX- Fitz
Def- Matchup Based
K- D. Bailey

BN- Chris Johnson, Blackmon, M. Brown, L. Bell, Randle, Rivers, Spiller
angels7777