Original plan shot to hell, WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Original plan shot to hell, WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Original plan shot to hell, WHIR

Postby ASUslacker » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:09 pm

here is my original plan
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=491270&p=3317056#p3317056
But there was a QB frenzy first round so I went RB and WR heavy, how do you think I made out?
3rd pick, 12 Teams snake style, Standard scoring w/ a flex
(Big mistake I made was not getting Willis, but i took Eli and expected him to be there on the way back but didnt happen)

QB Eli (9) Flacco (10)
RB Rice (1) Blount (3) Knowshon (4) Helu (11) Ricky W. (12)
WR Jennings (2) Dez (5) Julio Jones (7) Steve Smith (8) Jacoby Jones (13)
TE Winslow (6)
Def Giants (14) just for vs Wash week 1
K who ever comes out in Dallas

thoughts, comments?
QB- Vick
RB- D. Brown-Benson
WR- Megatron-Green-Floyd (SD)
TE- Graham
K- Alt
Def- Seattle
Luck-Tate-Hunter-Pitta-Britt-Tex Def
ASUslacker
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Original plan shot to hell, WHIR

Postby dtownsound8 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:32 pm

ehhhhh... i'm not overly excited about this team TBH

I actually like Eli as a late pick. Frees up earlier picks for RBs/WRs or a high end TE in earlier rounds and we can't forget Eli eclipsed 400 yards last year and threw 31 TDs. Just need to hope he does something to correct all those interceptions he threw (25?????)

I have mixed feelings about Ray Rice. Sometimes I'm high on him... especially with McGahee gone to Denver and with Vonta Leach blocking for him this year. But the fact they brought in Ricky Williams tempers that excitement. Overall I think he should have a big year but I don't think it's going to be as big as people think. Still... not a bad guy to have on your roster. I'm not sold on Blount but I think people aren't giving Moreno enough credit. He had some monster games last year. Don't forget those were coming off Hammy injuries. So long as he can keep healthy, despite the presence of McGahee and the new committee system in Denver I still think he'll be posting numbers well exceeding what you'd expect from his ADP.

As for your WRs... I can't figure out why Jennings value isnt rated lower than it is while people like Dwyane Bowe Brandon Llyod's stock took such a steep dive. Jennings did next to nothing last year while Jermichael Finley was healthy... which he IS this year. I do not at all have faith that Jennings will repeat. Think of him like Marques Colston. Had a monster year and in the following seasons the ball got spread around more. I'm seeing the same thing happening with Jennings this year. I like Bryant and while he's now in his 2nd year, don't forget Romo is back and Dez plays 2nd fiddle to Miles Austin. Will this duo be impactful like Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne, both posting monster numbers from the same team? Hard to say but I wouldn't bet on it. Still... not a bad #2 but I'd prefer someone who's the "go-to" guy on their team. Julio isn't a bad backup but I don't see him jumping Dez on your roster. Still... not bad for a bye and if comes out strong in his rookie campaign you just might have some trade bait on your hands.

TE - Kellen Winslow... like him but as deep as this position is, I feel like you could have done much better

DEF/K - sounds like you're going to be playing waivers. I wont challenge this strategy.

All in all - if things line up for you this seems like a playoff calibre team to me... but just barely making it in. I don't see it making it out of round one but who knows... as they say... any given Sunday.

Rate mine?
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=493143&p=3327421#p3327421
dtownsound8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Re: Original plan shot to hell, WHIR

Postby pommona22 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:49 pm

Same with above however i do believe you do have some talent on the team, i think moreno will have a good year barring injuries, your core is solid in rb 1 elite, 2 borderline rb1/2 depending on how blount does, TB has looked pretty awful but its the preseason, to be honest i like Dez more than Jennings but your WR core is also good i do feel however you will need to make some moves to make the team better, Winslow i feel as if your TE as well is pretty weak, if this was last year then id say your ok but there are soo many talented TE this year...I like Julio and i do feel he will in some sense make or break your season, overall improve TE and maybe QB but i think you will score points but your not going to be on the top 3 teams in your league as is unless blount or moreno performs elite which could very well happen.

help with mine thanks:
viewtopic.php?t=493165
pommona22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Roster Ratings