Freshly Draft Roster. WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Freshly Draft Roster. WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Freshly Draft Roster. WHIR

Postby Conrax » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:39 pm

This is for a 12 team, 3 Keeper, Auction draft $200 limit. Apparently Keeper will not be based on money for next year, so not putting amounts for picks (will update if changes).

Scoring Notes:
Passing TDs = 4
All other TDs = 6
Most of the other scoring is standard

For some reason I am not thrilled with this roster. So any comments/suggestions are appreciated.
*Note during the draft I wasn't sure if we had an IR but found out now we have one IR spot and Ryan Williams and Emmanuel Sanders were not drafted should I take a chance (particularly with Williams)?

Actual Roster:
QB Drew Brees, NO QB
RB Arian Foster, Hou RB
RB Felix Jones, Dal RB
RB/WR Mike Thomas, Jac WR
WR Wes Welker, NE WR
WR Santana Moss, Wsh WR
TE Owen Daniels, Hou TE
D/ST Packers D/ST D/ST
K Josh Brown, StL K
Bench Josh Freeman, TB QB
Bench Robert Meachem, NO WR
Bench Michael Bush, Oak RB
Bench Patriots D/ST D/ST
Bench Rob Gronkowski, NE TE
Bench Montario Hardesty, Cle RB
Bench Mike Sims-Walker, StL WR
Conrax
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Freshly Draft Roster. WHIR

Postby Conrax » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:12 am

any thoughts or opinions?
Conrax
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dtownsound8 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:34 am

well... for starters, i HATE your WRs and Mike Thomas as your flex option is weak. I would put Michael Bush in that spot personally.

Love the first two picks of Foster and Brees and Jones will be awesome as your RB2. But from there, this team goes downhill.

Having GB and NE DSTs makes me wonder what kind of depth you gave up to get both. But... it will be nice for you to be able to rotate those two based on matchups.

Owens *could* be great so long as he returns to form. There were likely better, more stable options around the same ADPs that I'd have gone with

Having Brees, Foster, and Jones should put your team in good position to make the playoffs, but this team is not a lock for victory. It's up to fate at that point

Thoughts on mine?
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=493143
dtownsound8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Postby Conrax » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:15 pm

dtownsound8 wrote:well... for starters, i HATE your WRs and Mike Thomas as your flex option is weak. I would put Michael Bush in that spot personally.

Love the first two picks of Foster and Brees and Jones will be awesome as your RB2. But from there, this team goes downhill.

Having GB and NE DSTs makes me wonder what kind of depth you gave up to get both. But... it will be nice for you to be able to rotate those two based on matchups.

Owens *could* be great so long as he returns to form. There were likely better, more stable options around the same ADPs that I'd have gone with

Having Brees, Foster, and Jones should put your team in good position to make the playoffs, but this team is not a lock for victory. It's up to fate at that point

Thoughts on mine?
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=493143

To respond a little bit to this, this was an AUCTION DRAFT where ADP has really no bearing. First I really haven't done anything to the lineup that is called ESPN putting the players in the spot that I drafted them going from starters to bench so yes I acquired Mike Thomas before Micheal Bush. Second I ended up spending $38 on Brees and $60 on Foster so that was $98 right there. As far as Owen Daniels goes, Gates, Clark, Whitten, Davis, and Finley went before I took Daniels. I was wanting Finley and he got bidded up to $18 which was too much for me which is why I looked at Daniels because he was the next TE on the board.

By the time I got to Micheal Bush; Brandon Jacobs, Tolbert, Addai, and Spiller (all RBs in that same area) were gone. Now I was hoping to get Bush and McGahee, I thought Bush would be the higher one so I went $10 on him because I really needed a backup RB well when it came to McGahee he went $11 and I couldn't go that high for him even though he will take away TDs from Moreno. So about that time there was really nothing left out as far as "good backups" which is why I went $1 on Patriots to increase the maximum I could bid and then ended up getting Hardesty because Brandon Jackson is out for an extended time if not for the season which automatically slides Hardesty in the #2 RB behind Hiliis.

As far as depth went, I really wanted Floyd or Plaxico but Floyd went for $12 and Plaxico went for $10 and Julio also went for $10 which is why I went Mike Thomas for $6 in the first place because those get taken from me and then right after I got Thomas I acquired Meachem for $4.
Conrax
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dtownsound8 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:18 pm

ohhhhhh my bad. I complelete missed the line stating that this was an auction draft. that obviously changes everything
dtownsound8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Postby Conrax » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:00 pm

any other comments? I really need to figure out what I should do to improve. And if I should take the gamble of picking up Ryan Williams or Emmanuel Sanders and just put them on IR.
Conrax
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Roster Ratings