Fitzpatrick for Cutler - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Fitzpatrick for Cutler

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fitzpatrick for Cutler

Postby Bar16 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:01 am

A guy in my league offered me Cutler for Fitzpatrick. His 2 qbs are on byes the same week. I figured it was a good move and i could help him out. BTW my starter is big ben.

Another ??. Was thinking of offering up Megatron for Fitzgerald. Im in a PPR league and i think Fitz might have a career year. would you guys make the trade?
Bar16
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Fitzpatrick for Cutler

Postby dblj9911 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:48 am

To me why would you trade your backup qb to another team for his back up to help him out? Make him drop a player or sweeten the offer to you, your helping him out. As far as Fitz for Calvin I'm not sure the real point of this deal, you would most likely have to add someone to this deal. I guess it depends on who was drafted first, if he took Fitz over Calvin then he is higher on him and would want something more to make this deal. Good luck.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=493222
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 75)

Postby sixer03fan » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:56 am

Don't worry about the other guy, this is a good deal for you. If you wait for him to sweeten the deal because he's "desperate" to get another QB for that bye week, he'll probably just make a deal with someone else.

And I'd hold onto Megatron over Fitz personally. The PPR helps Fitz's case, but there is still a relative unknown with how good Fitz is gonna be this year with Kolb. It's basically a toss up, but I'd still give the edge to Calvin.
sixer03fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bungle613 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:11 pm

Yeah, it is a good deal for you so take it. I like FItz as a sleeper but the potential of Cutler hitting in the Martz system is what I would want to take the risk on. Take the deal.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions