Johnson and Mendenhall Team! WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Johnson and Mendenhall Team! WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Johnson and Mendenhall Team! WHIR

Postby silentjim » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:33 am

Had a draft last night and ended up with the below. It's a 10 team league where we get 6 for passing TDs, -2 for INTs, 5 points for 300 yards passing, 100 yards rushing, and 100 years receibing, and 2 points per sack on defense and then standard scoring. We start 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 Kicker, and 1 Defense.

Had a lot of gambles obviously, but was please with the draft. I'm probably going to play defensive match-ups most weeks, hence the SF pick to end the draft. Probably also end up dropping a WR for a second QB in case Peyton isn't a go for week #1.

Thoughts?

1. (9) Chris Johnson (Ten - RB)
2. (12) Rashard Mendenhall (Pit - RB)
3. (29) Peyton Manning (Ind - QB)
4. (32) Miles Austin (Dal - WR)
5. (49) Dallas Clark (Ind - TE)
6. (52) Stevie Johnson (Buf - WR)
7. (69) Percy Harvin (Min - WR)
8. (72) Tim Hightower (Was - RB)
9. (89) Santana Moss (Was - WR)
10. (92) Malcom Floyd (SD - WR)
11. (109) Lee Evans (Bal - WR)
12. (112) Mike Sims-Walker (StL - WR)
13. (129) Thomas Jones (KC - RB)
14. (132) Darren Sproles (NO - RB)
15. (149) Garrett Hartley (NO - K)
16. (152) San Francisco (SF - DEF)
silentjim
Water Boy
Water Boy

Basketball Mod
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Johnson and Mendenhall Team! WHIR

Postby RC7112 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:06 am

Manning in the 3rd might have been slightly premature - but in a 6pt TD league this gamble could pay off depending on how he starts the season. Good value in Moss & Harvin. Solid RB duo in CJ & Mendy....Obviously you have some of the top position players in your lineup - in a 10 team league your depth at RB may become a concern - looks like you're set at TE, QB, WR

1. (9) Chris Johnson (Ten - RB)
2. (12) Rashard Mendenhall (Pit - RB)
3. (29) Peyton Manning (Ind - QB)
4. (32) Miles Austin (Dal - WR)
5. (49) Dallas Clark (Ind - TE)
6. (52) Stevie Johnson (Buf - WR)
7. (69) Percy Harvin (Min - WR)
8. (72) Tim Hightower (Was - RB)
9. (89) Santana Moss (Was - WR)
10. (92) Malcom Floyd (SD - WR)
11. (109) Lee Evans (Bal - WR)
12. (112) Mike Sims-Walker (StL - WR)
13. (129) Thomas Jones (KC - RB)
14. (132) Darren Sproles (NO - RB)
15. (149) Garrett Hartley (NO - K)
16. (152) San Francisco (SF - DEF)
RC7112
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby silentjim » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:44 am

Hadn't really planned on taking Manning, but Rodgers and Vick went in the first round, Brady and Rivers in the second, and Brees in the third before I picked Manning. Romo, Ryan, Schaub, and Roethlisberger all got taken before I would have picked again in the 5th, so I'm OK with the Manning pick.

He had what I would say was a bad season last year and still came in second in our league in fantasy points with 380 only one less than Brady was obviously first. Had Vick and Rodgers been healthy all season they would be top two for sure.
silentjim
Water Boy
Water Boy

Basketball Mod
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby dtownsound8 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:56 am

another team I looked at and initially though... holy crap this guy RAPED his league in the draft... before realizing it's only a 10 team league.

Still this is a pretty ridiculous crew, not without gambles (CJ2K, Manning) and your WRs are weak. Your team will be decided on whether or not Manning and Johnson get in and get it done. I'm worried about potential lingering injuries that CJ2K could accrue considering the lockout and now the camp holdout. He needs to get on the field and get some reps in. As a Manning owner myself (though I nabbed in the the 4th round of a 12 team league) I have concerns with him as well. Have we seen the beginning of the end for Manning? Or is he just going to be Peyton Manning and come back and make defenses look silly like he always does? I'm banking on the latter. Just remember... if Manning goes down, he takes Dallas Clark's numbers down with him.

Like I said... if CJ2K and Manning hold up, this team is ridiculous. If they give you problems, this team is shot

Thoughts on mine?
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=493143
dtownsound8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Roster Ratings