Quick WHIR - Best/Britt/Amendola for Foster? Too Much? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Quick WHIR - Best/Britt/Amendola for Foster? Too Much?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Quick WHIR - Best/Britt/Amendola for Foster? Too Much?

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:55 am

12 team redraft league with Standard scoring plus 1/2 PPR scoring.
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, FL(R/W), TE, D, K

This team has offered me repeated trades looking to pick up Best, Britt and Amendola but none of his offers were good enough... so I am thinking about offering him this trade:
I get Arien Foster
and
I give him Best, Britt and Amendola.

Yahoo point projection in this league has the trade as a wash pointswise... but if Foster stays hurt, and if Ward gets his touches, I will be hosed.

If I do this deal I can pick up a few WRs like Mike Williams(SEA), Evans, Bennett, Simpson, Meacham, Burleson, Walter to fill out my roster, which looks like this right now.
RB: Forte, Blount, Best, Hightower, Tate
WR: Britt, Mike Thomas(sea), Amendola, Jordy Nelson

Being that I can start 3 RBs each week, should I offer him this deal?
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Quick WHIR - Best/Britt/Amendola for Foster? Too Much?

Postby bisklimpkit » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:22 am

Thanks for the help on mine!

Which of your RBs are you going to bench if you get Foster? I like Forte and Blount as starters and Hightower or Best as flex (based on matchups). Amendola's going to get you a ton of receptions, and Britt has a really high ceiling. I don't like where your receiving corps would end up if you made this trade, which is already mediocre at best. I would push you to make the decision based on this; is Foster going to put up enough points over and above what your replacement receivers will cost you to make it worth the trade? If you think you're going to get 10 more points per week than you would have prior to making the trade, then it would make sense. Good luck, and hopefully things pan out for you. ;-D
bisklimpkit
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Golden Eagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 132)

Postby jmkratt » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:29 am

Thanks for addressing my poll.

I absolutely agree with the previous post. Good insight.
jmkratt
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:32 am

Well, I'd play matchups each week and go with the best 3 RBs and in week 8 both Blount and Forte share the same bye week, so I'd be playing 3 WRs that week plus Foster(or Best) and Hightower.

Yahoo projections say that Foster will score as much as all three of those other guys over the course of the season but who knows how accurate Yahoo is with their point projections?

Usually, if getting one guy can score close to another two guys, I do the deal. In this case, Foster and two FA WRs will probably outscore the three guys I trade by quite alot if Foster was no fluke last year... btw, Ward is still on FA and maybe, if I do this deal, I need to grab Ward with one of my two FA pickups just in case Foster stays hurt and Tate stays at #3 RB in Houston?
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bungle613 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:34 am

It seriously hurts your WR's but think you are getting decent value for Foster. If the guy is legit, which I am not so sure of, he will be a monster for some time.

You have a very weak team for a 12 team redraft... mind if I ask how you drafted? i think to contend you need to load up at one position and Forte, Foster and Blount may be as good as you can get.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:49 am

bungle613 wrote:It seriously hurts your WR's but think you are getting decent value for Foster. If the guy is legit, which I am not so sure of, he will be a monster for some time.

You have a very weak team for a 12 team redraft... mind if I ask how you drafted? i think to contend you need to load up at one position and Forte, Foster and Blount may be as good as you can get.

Scoring favors QBs and Defenses at about 1.5 to 1 over RBs and WRs so I got Vick and Rivers and Pitts and Phila while picking up some RBs before I even looked at WRs.

Foster was the only RB projected in the top 20 of scoring, mostly due to his non-RBBC and PPR capability I guess?

I ALWAYS draft according to points and not player value...of course, that doesn't always work. :-D
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:56 am

Thank you to everyone who helped!!!

Just went part way and sent him a trade offer of Best/Britt for Foster to see what happens.

Hope he isn't a Cafe member.... :-? :-D
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Carnac » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:03 am

I think you have a good RB core. Your offer is as far as I would go. Don't weaken your WRs too much. Good luck with your offer.

Thanks for help on mine
Golf nut
Carnac
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby utility-hook » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:13 am

Thanks for the help on mine.
I think you would take too big of a hit at your already mediocre WR position if you do this deal. Yes, Foster would be nice to have as long as that hammy injury doesnt linger on. If it does, then you already have Tate. The way Tate has played this preseason, I think he has earned plenty of carries if Foster cant go. I think with Forte, Blount, Best, & Hightower, you should do alright to start the season. Maybe after the first week or so, 1 or more of your guys has a great week and could be used as good trade bait then. That way it wouldnt cost you as much to upgrade.
utility-hook
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 51)

Postby jman101 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:28 am

Thanks for the help on mine. I don't like giving up three players before the season even starts. Foster could get injured then you are out of three of your picks. I think you were smart to counter offer.
jman101
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions