10th pick in a 10 team ppr league..strategy? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

10th pick in a 10 team ppr league..strategy?

Moderator: Football Moderators

10th pick in a 10 team ppr league..strategy?

Postby Spanky994 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:57 pm

We draft tomorrow night....1QB 2RB 3wr 1flex 1TE 1K 1 DEF...so our league is heavy on the WRs...(ppr and we could play 4 with the flex)
ppr ....and all tds are 6 pts so QBs are high as well........
strategy...do I get the 2 best WRs with picks 10 and 11...and hope to get some RBs with picks 30 and 31?...or a top QB WR with 10 and 11....or RB WR....

I was thinking the 2 top WRs with 10 and 11 and the the best available QB RB with 30 and 31.....ideas?...I was also thinking of just getting 4 WRs with all 4 picks.....and get middle of the pack RBs and a QB later....
Spanky994
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 10th pick in a 10 team ppr league..strategy?

Postby Egg2828 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:29 pm

Depending on which RB's fall to you and how many QB's go quickly will make this call. But I 100% lock up one of the top WR's

If you can land AJ,Megatron,White,Fitz...its hard to pass up going WR WR first two picks.
Those guys are all 100c/1300yrd/10td guys.

Then the 2nd 3rd the other people will take a mix of WR/Qb/RB which means more RB's will fal to you. I bet you can land some talent in the 3rd. Guys like Beanie wells, Bush, Sproles (ppr), Hightower, all have value and you can get later on.

Maybe get lucky and Felix Jones falls to you.....take him. I wait for a QB in 10 team league. Let the other guys go early for them. If Shaub or Romo type is there in the 6-7th I woudl grab him. If not wait and get Freeman, Kolb
Money $hot
Egg2828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 36)

Postby sixer03fan » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:43 pm

I agree with Egg2828, despite his ridiculous name. In a 10 team PPR, you probably won't love the RB's that are still around at the end of the first round to have as your best players. I'd go WR/WR. Then, in the 3/4 turn think about targeting some of those underrated receiving RB's like Ahmad Bradshaw, Jahvid Best, Felix Jones, etc. I would expect two of those types of backs to be around there. Then, as Egg said, you can target a 2nd tier, underrated QB such as Romo, Roethlisberger, or Schaub at the 5/6 turn, along with another back or WR. Later, look for high upside receiving backs like a Reggie Bush.

Good luck.
sixer03fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Spanky994 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:37 pm

Thanks for the feedback...I tend to agree...I would love to pick up AJ or R White....or fitz...So I will probably go with WR WR....only thing that would change that is if somehow one of the big name RBs are available.....CJ, Charles, etc....
Spanky994
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bmault » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:00 pm

I had the tenth pick in a 12 man league and landed CJ and Fitz with my first two picks. Later I got Bradshaw, Moreno Grant and Tolbert. Not stellar but nice. Matt Ryan, s. Rice and Dallas clark also made my team and that is a 12 man one keeper league. I go WR WR and ride it.
2009 Nothing
2008 Playoffs
2007 Nevermind
2006 Champ
2005 Champ
bmault
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby c0megets0me » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:26 pm

I like the Idea of WR/WR but hen i think you have to commit to taking RB/RB with ur next picks. waiting till the 5th to take a qb, which is about where you should find big ben waiting for you. ;-D
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions