How desirable is each draft spot, from 1 to 10? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

How desirable is each draft spot, from 1 to 10?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How desirable is each draft spot, from 1 to 10?

Postby flytrap » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:30 pm

In my league, we're doing a live draft, and drawing names from a hat. Instead of just the first name being the first pick, they get to choose their spot in the draft. how would you rank each spot? I'm thinking:
1st through 4th, in that order, are most desirable. With the CJ24 uncertainty, there is a big dropoff from 4 to 5.
8th through 10th are next. I really like Vick this year, but I'd rather get him late first instead of middle first. I think picking 8th gives me a shot at both Vick and one of the top 3 receivers.
5th through 7th are the worst imo. The value at 5th isn't much better than 10th, but the value at 11 is much better than the value at 16. I'd rather have Andre Johnson and Roddy White over Rashard Mendenhall and Hakeem Nicks personally.

Even just a quick list, without a lengthy explanation would be good. Draft in a few hours.
flytrap
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: How desirable is each draft spot, from 1 to 10?

Postby bisklimpkit » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:41 pm

I agree with your assessment of this. I have 5th pick in a 12-man draft and I'd rather be 12th at that point.
bisklimpkit
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Golden Eagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 140)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions