Trade: Boldin for Jahvid Best [WHIR] - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade: Boldin for Jahvid Best [WHIR]

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade: Boldin for Jahvid Best [WHIR]

Postby tah161 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:11 pm

A guy offered me Boldin for Best. I am pretty weak at WR and both have a history of injury problems. I am also trying to use Best to get Felix Jones.

My WR's are Austin Collie, Santonio Holmes, Jordy Nelson, and Julio Jones.
My RB's are Ray Rice, Shonn Greene, Best, Helu, and Snelling.

My league stats are .5 ppr, with both rushing and passing 1 point per 10 years, 5 at 100 yards, 1 at 200 yards, and 1 at 300 yards with 6 per score.

Should I do this trade? I am a cowboys homer so I really want Jones, but the guy already turned down Best for Jones straight up so I told him to make a counter offer.

WHIR, just leave your link and thanks!
tah161
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade: Boldin for Jahvid Best [WHIR]

Postby JimiRayThunderaxe » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:30 pm

Without knowing how many starters you use, I wouldn't do this at all, especially in PPR. Best at the moment is uninjured and a starting RB with top 10 potential in the prime of his career/health. Boldin nearly sunk my team last year and put up, no exaggeration, about 25-30 points TOTAL over the last 8 GAMES.

I also thing Best will be better than Green. I would trade Green for a WR. A bit of a risk but I think the Jets offense is going to SUCK this year. Sanchez sucks, Edwards is gone and Plax is old/out of shape. Green himself hasn't shown anything beyond average (if that) ability and I don't see a lot of TDs coming his way this year. A bit of a gamble considering his injury history, but I would consider sticking with Best and trading Green for a stud WR unless you start 3 RBs.

...OR try trading Green for F Jones. MUCH Rather have F Jones than Green.

Do not trade Best for Boldin.

Help with mine?

viewtopic.php?t=493312
JimiRayThunderaxe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 30)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JC.89 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:00 pm

I would do it. Jahvid Best really scares me, and I say that as a Lions fan. The Lions line is awful; the only reason he gets any positive yardage is from his speed. Last year when he got turf toe he was all but useless. This year he's already gotten a concussion. Needless to say, owning him is a risk.

Boldin was indeed terrible last year, but I think he'll bounce back. Not only because Mason and Heap are gone, but because the Ravens have a very friendly schedule this season, including Cleveland week 16 if your team goes the distance. I'm not saying the guy is going to be a beast, but he should be worth 9-10 points every week in 0.5 PPR leagues.
JC.89
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Knvb » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:08 pm

Best is a homerun or complete strikeout... i would try Greene... pretty weak at both hard to give up a great PPR RB for a mid range WR....

Help mine?

viewtopic.php?t=493327
Knvb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby tah161 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:34 pm

Thanks for the replies.

My league starts 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 W/R, and 1 W/T
tah161
Special Teams Staff