Want to pick up Johnny Knox, but who to drop? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Want to pick up Johnny Knox, but who to drop?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Want to pick up Johnny Knox, but who to drop?

Postby kelostd » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:22 pm

Would love to pick up Johnny Knox. Actually had him in my sights in the draft but then realized I still haven't drafted Gerhart to handcuff him to AP.....thus Knox went undrafted. My starters are Nicks, Mike Williams (TB), and Percy Harvin. On my bench, I have MSW, Jacoby Ford, Davone Bess, and Robert Meachem. Even though I play in a PPR league, I'm thinking of dropping Bess because he's a possession receiver for usually short yardages. Not a big play guy, whereas the other guys have more of a chance to be breakout players. My other bench players are J. Stewart, B. Jacobs, McGahee, and Gerhart. Don't think I wanna drop any of them. Then again, almost of half a mind to just forget about picking up Knox, my guys are good enough. Thoughts?
kelostd
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 15)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Want to pick up Johnny Knox, but who to drop?

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:41 pm

I think your guys are good enough lol.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby mtlenway » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:13 pm

I like the idea of grabbing Johnny Knoxville. He is the best WR on the Bears team along with Bennett. But Lovie and Martz still think Hester is something special, which he is not, and think R Williams is gonna be the next Calvin Johnson as Detroit had hoped when they drafted him. I would drop Bess or even Gerhart if you can fill the position with a WR. I dont agree with the handcuffing theory as I think you use up a position that a better player could fill. Additionally, how many games has AP missed because of injury? not many. Gerhart is a huge drop off from AP and your other bench backs i.e. MaGahee and Jacobs are far better than a Viking ground attack led by Gerhart.
mtlenway
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Knvb » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:17 pm

Knox is not an upgrade from Bess in PPR... most have them within 75yds in predicted yardage but Bess with have 30-35 more receps i think...

Help me?

viewtopic.php?t=493327
Knvb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions