does this team stand a chance? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

does this team stand a chance?

Moderator: Football Moderators

does this team stand a chance?

Postby reiser » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:08 pm

long time baseball guy doing his first football league!
4 Aaron Rodgers, GB QB
17 Michael Turner, Atl RB
24 Hakeem Nicks, NYG WR
37 DeAngelo Williams, Car RB
44 Knowshon Moreno, Den RB
57 Jahvid Best, Det RB
64 Kenny Britt, Ten WR
77 Marcedes Lewis, Jac TE
84 Austin Collie, Ind WR
97 Eli Manning, NYG QB
104 Joe Flacco, Bal QB
117 Roy Williams, Chi WR
124 Ryan Torain, Wsh RB
137 LaDainian Tomlinson, NYJ RB
144 Bears D/ST D/ST
157 Billy Cundiff, Bal K
reiser
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: does this team stand a chance?

Postby rigden33 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:25 pm

How many teams in the league and is it a ppr(points per reception) league?

Your team is very solid, especially at rbs, but it needs wrs. I wouldn't rely on Collie too much. While when he's healthy, he's amazing, he had 3 concussions last year alone; he's an injury waiting to happen. That leaves you with nicks and williams, and williams isn't that good. I would trade a qb because having 3 qbs is excessive. Eli is the better fantasy qb, so he might have more value. Otherwise your team seems pretty good.
rigden33
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby reiser » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:37 pm

rigden33 wrote:How many teams in the league and is it a ppr(points per reception) league?

Thanks!
10 teams. And I believe the scoring is pretty standard:

Every 10 receiving yards (REY10) 1
2pt Receiving Conversion (2PRE) 2
TD Reception (RETD) 6
reiser
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby joheshy55 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:27 am

i love the choice on collie this year i think if he stays healthy gonna have an upside year , i like britt know that cj2k is still in hold out........rb core is amazing............i really am not a fan of Nicks only cuz he only had a few good games last year and was injured for bit and i know hes talented but he is a high risk and probably ranked way higher than he should be.
joheshy55
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby rigden33 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:02 am

reiser wrote:
rigden33 wrote:How many teams in the league and is it a ppr(points per reception) league?

Thanks!
10 teams. And I believe the scoring is pretty standard:

Every 10 receiving yards (REY10) 1
2pt Receiving Conversion (2PRE) 2
TD Reception (RETD) 6

So it's not a ppr league?
rigden33
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby reiser » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:20 pm

rigden33 wrote: So it's not a ppr league?

It's H2H, points-the default on ESPN I believe. Is that PPR?
I'm in over my head!
reiser
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby rigden33 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:08 pm

reiser wrote:
rigden33 wrote: So it's not a ppr league?

It's H2H, points-the default on ESPN I believe. Is that PPR?
I'm in over my head!

I believe that the default espn is not ppr. PPR just means that each time a qb gets a completion, a runningback gets a carry(rushing attempt), or a wr catches a ball, they get one point, in addition to the points they get for the yards gained. In ppr leagues, runningbacks are much more valuable than wide receivers because running backs carry the ball (15-20 times per game) more than wide receivers catch the ball (5-10).
rigden33
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby reiser » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:31 pm

rigden33 wrote: I believe that the default espn is not ppr. PPR just means that each time a qb gets a completion, a runningback gets a carry(rushing attempt), or a wr catches a ball, they get one point, in addition to the points they get for the yards gained. In ppr leagues, runningbacks are much more valuable than wide receivers because running backs carry the ball (15-20 times per game) more than wide receivers catch the ball (5-10).

Thanks for the response. I would like your take on it, as my team is light on WRs.
Based on what you explained, it looks like it is PPR. I see this in the scoring settings: 2pt Rushing Conversion (2PR) 2pt Passing Conversion (2PC) 2pt Receiving Conversion (2PRE)
reiser
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby rigden33 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:21 am

reiser wrote:
rigden33 wrote: I believe that the default espn is not ppr. PPR just means that each time a qb gets a completion, a runningback gets a carry(rushing attempt), or a wr catches a ball, they get one point, in addition to the points they get for the yards gained. In ppr leagues, runningbacks are much more valuable than wide receivers because running backs carry the ball (15-20 times per game) more than wide receivers catch the ball (5-10).

Thanks for the response. I would like your take on it, as my team is light on WRs.
Based on what you explained, it looks like it is PPR. I see this in the scoring settings: 2pt Rushing Conversion (2PR) 2pt Passing Conversion (2PC) 2pt Receiving Conversion (2PRE)

That isn't a ppr feature; receiving extra points for 2 pt conversions are standard. Just to be clear, a 2pt conversion is when a team, after scoring a touchdown, instead of kicking the ball for the extra point, they run a play, either running or passing, to get the ball into the endzone for 2 points. Since teams typically do not go for the 2pt conversion, fantasy players get extra points for it.

In a ppr league, a player would get a point for EVERY reception/carry/completion the player has even if the play goes for negative yards or doesn't go for a td.

You currently have two good receivers, collie and nicks, but collie is injury prone. You have britt as a backup, which is pretty good. Williams, I don't know too much about. You should really consider trying to trade a qb, not rodgers obviously, for a decent wr. Look for teams that need a better qb or even a backup qb.

You probably should know that this is only my 2nd year of fantasy football and my first in a non ppr league, so my knowledge is very limited.
rigden33
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby reiser » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 pm

rigden33 wrote: You currently have two good receivers, collie and nicks, but collie is injury prone. You have britt as a backup, which is pretty good. Williams, I don't know too much about. You should really consider trying to trade a qb, not rodgers obviously, for a decent wr. Look for teams that need a better qb or even a backup qb.

You probably should know that this is only my 2nd year of fantasy football and my first in a non ppr league, so my knowledge is very limited.

Thanks for the feedback. H2H is all I have ever done, I did a team like 5 years ago, but I'm nowhere near as up on it as I should be.

Maybe drop flacco for Lee Evans, who is on waivers?
reiser
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Roster Ratings