quick questions, about my ideas. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

quick questions, about my ideas.

Moderator: Football Moderators

quick questions, about my ideas.

Postby lefman66 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:30 pm

So my team is in a 10 team league. I have an idea on two of my 3 keepers and and I feel like I know who is my last. I won last year, but it was costly and I dont have to many early draft spots. I think I am going to have to go WR,WR for my first two picks. So I think that I am going to keep: Drew Brees, Peyton Hilis, and Felix Jones. I just want to make sure I have a solid game plan.

My team:

Drew Brees, BGE, Peyon Hilis, Fred Jackson, Pierre Garcon, Mario Manningham, Santana Moss, Shayne Graham
Reggie Bush, Austin Collie, Matt Ryan, Cedric Benson, Dion Branch, Felix Jones, Derrick Ward

We start 1 QB, 2Rb, 1flex, 3wr, 1te, 1d, 1k
lefman66
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 99)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: quick questions, about my ideas.

Postby Hippo45 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:04 am

Why did you post this in the beginner's forum?

I would swap Austin Collie for Peyton Hillis.
Hippo45
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby lefman66 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:11 am

I posted this in begginers because it is my second season and last year winning was a fluke. I'm playing with guys that are knowledable. I however made a lot of FA pick ups weekly and when people plated me they had really bad weeks. Heck most of my weeks i didn't break 110 pts. This year I am up the proverbial creek without a paddle. I have 10 th pick and it's not snake draft. Also, I traded my 1st 4th 5th and 6th apparently. So I am looking for advise because I am in trouble.

That and I really have no idea about a lot of stuff people are talking about.
lefman66
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Levon83 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:21 pm

I like your idea, get those RBs, I keep preaching. There are only so many, and they go quick. I would normally disagree on keeping a QB, but seeing as how Austin Collie was your best receiver I'd have to go with Brees. I like Collie this year, and I have as a WR2, but he's too injury prone to be a keeper. Besides, he's been going in the 6th round earliest, in all the drafts I've done.
Levon83
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby lefman66 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:30 pm

Yeah from what I understand, there are a lot of decent receiver I can pick up this year. A lot of the keepers are most RBs. I think I should be able yo scoop a few receivers and probally ColliE again as well as Moss in a later round. I am going o be hurting this year. Thats why I am keeping Brees. Should be an automatic 15 plus points. He looked good with the new center.
lefman66
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Hippo45 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:12 am

You could also think about keeping Matt Ryan instead of Peyton Hillis and then just trade him for a RB. I really dislike Hillis this year. He wasn't even going to be their starter last year until Hardesty got injured.
Hippo45
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Return to Beginner's Forum