Just drafted! 12 Team PPR... 100% WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Just drafted! 12 Team PPR... 100% WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Just drafted! 12 Team PPR... 100% WHIR

Postby freshlesh » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:53 pm

1pt 10 yd rsh, 1 pt 15 yd rec, PPR, 6pt any TD, 1 pt 25 yd pass, bonus 3pt at 100yd rec or rsh or 300 yd pass

I had the 8th pick. I figures the big 6 RBs would be gone, so I decided to go WR/WR or WR/QB, depending on how it fell. I like what I did. Obviously short on RBs (although Ringer could be huge trade bait), but clearly the tops in the league on WR. I also think Lynch has a shot at a good year.What do you think?

QB1) M. Schaub
RB1) D. Williams
RB2) R. Mathews
WR1) A. Johnson
WR2) L. Fitzgerald
TE1) J. Graham
Flex) M. Wallace
K) S. Janakowski
D) New Orleans

Bench) M. Lynch, D. Thomas, M. Thomas, J. Ringer, M. Sims-Walker. Tashard Choice

As always, thanks in advance and 100% WHIR
freshlesh
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Just drafted! 12 Team PPR... 100% WHIR

Postby freshlesh » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:53 am

Bump. Hook a brotha up!
freshlesh
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 21)

Postby Apoplectic » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:22 am

Good QB. Questionable on RB, must have been slim pickings. Awesome WR's, couldn't ask for better. I'd try to get a better TE, if you are on a 10 team league there should still be some top 15 talent left in the pool. Good flex pick. Good kicker. Good D/ST. Bench is good as well.

Over all I give you a B/B+ considering you drafted RB's later than you would have liked.

Help with mine?: viewtopic.php?t=493029
Apoplectic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 14)

Postby HomerJay » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:47 am

For a 12 man PPR you did really well. Strategy of Wr/Wr was a good one for your spot. Fitz and AJ are target machines...you'll go as far as those guys will take you. I also like your backups with Thomas and MSW. RB...so you knew this is where this was going to bite you. Which D. Thomas are you referring to on your bench? D Willis is playing behind one of the best O lines in the league...problem is that CAR is going to struggle to sustain drives with Cam back there. Matthews....I really just simply don't like this guy. In a PPR format he'll get a slight bump, but unless he breaks free from beyond the 20 or gets his chance on 1/2 down his chances are limited for TDs. Lynch is stuck in a 3 headed monster...early down and potential GL back though. Completely disagree with the Graham pick. Pick is spot on this year. Colston's knee won't hold and Brees targets this guy...8 targets last game. He'll be fine in a PPR league.

keep your eye out for a potential RB to surface the first few weeks of the season and jump when you get a chance.

good luck ;-D
He who laughs last...thinks slowest
HomerJay
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby thebirds » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:59 am

money receivers, but RBs are average at best ... what other RBs are available thru waivers? i'd like to see ringer dropped if johnson gets a new contract and pick up someone like hightower if he happens to be avaliable
thebirds
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dtownsound8 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:24 am

So I see what you were doing here. You went right after top notch WRs and they're slim this year.

Wallace will finish in the top 5. I'd bet the farm on it... if I had one.

The problem with WRs is they're less consistant than RBs. I took this strategy myself... and I had Wallace targeted as my 3rd WR. Unfortunately, he was selected the pick before me in the third so I went with an RB instead.

In my opinion, in order for this to work, you really need to have some RBs that would at least earn a B rating. Deangelo Williams as your RB1 will not cut it. He spilts carries in one of the worst offenses in the NFl
dtownsound8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Postby Michael Mahoney » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:45 am

I like Your roster..especially the combo of Johnson/Fitzgerald. The only thing that worries me is that you will have Schaub/Johnson/ M.Wallace/Jimmy Graham all on bye week at the same time.
Michael Mahoney
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby BriGuy13 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:41 am

As other posters have mentioned, your RBs are your weakness. HOWEVER, by passing on RBs early you were able to load up on other positions and I think that will make up for the lack at RB. Good job!
BriGuy13
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings