Question about league type - please help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Question about league type - please help

Moderator: Football Moderators

Question about league type - please help

Postby jetfavre » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:57 pm

Hello,

A few years back I played in a fantasy baseball league in which all teams started with a certain amount of cap money to fill out their rosters. If a player on your roster did well, not only did their value increase, but so did your team's cap space. If a player lost value, your available cap would decrease. So, while the end goal was accumulating points, the key was to buy-low and sell-high, increase your cap, and ultimately have more money to spend on good players as compared to your opponents.

My question is, does anyone know what this league type is called and, more importantly, if there is a football version of it out there somewhere? I know that Yahoo has a traditional hard salary cap game, but I would love to find a version like the one I described above.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about or has any suggestions I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much for your time!
jetfavre
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Question about league type - please help

Postby Hippo45 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:46 am

Yahoo has a salary cap football game just like you describe. http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/salcap

You play against more people (around 50 per group) compared to the traditional leagues of 10-12. However, you could create a group and play against only your family and friends if you want to.
Hippo45
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Beginner's Forum