Forte / Blount Trade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Forte / Blount Trade

Moderator: Football Moderators

Forte / Blount Trade

Postby Cards24 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:08 pm

Standard scoring, I give Blount/Colston for Forte/Wes Walker

What do you guys think? RBs are moreno and D Williams, and WRs Andre Johnson and Bowe. I feel like I would upgrade at RB and not giving too much at WR. non ppr league.

Thank in advance.
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Forte / Blount Trade

Postby mtlenway » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:20 pm

I tend not to agree with you, I think Blount is gonna be a beast this year and looking at 12 to 14 TD as he will get the goal line carries in addition to being the regular ever down back. Look at Blounts stats from last year compared to Forte: Forte had combine 1500ish and 9 TDs in a full season, Blount had 1100ish and 6 TD's and didnt really see much action until coming off the bench in week 7 and taking over in week 8. Colston and Welker are fairly even with both having a history of getting injured (Colston more so than Welker). All in all its a fairly even trade but I really want to see what Blount can do in a full season.
mtlenway
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Venom » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:31 am

Non PPR?

Forte > Blount
Welker = Colston

I would take this trade as you upgrade at RB and its pretty much a wash at WR as far as I'm concerned.

Too bad its not a PPR...then it's much easier ;-D
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby Smackola » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:48 am

In my opinion, Absolutely Not..

Blount is in a hard division but it being non ppr, who gives a shit.. Blount doesn't see much passes, but it doesn't matter. I would take Blount over forte for the simple fact that Blount is the work horse in TB. The Bear's signed Marion Barber, who people seem to think will have a break out season. I stayed away from Forte.. the Bears have NO W/R's and its simple to focus on Forte, plus he did not impress me last year at all.. I know a lot of people in my drafts felt the same, he went pretty late round.

Blount > Forte

Blount is more explosive and is good for more 100+ yard games.. Forte is slowing down and has no QB. If the Bears don't cut Chester Taylor, you have another back that will be in on 3rd down and goal lines.

as far as Colston/Welker I do have Colston on my Team, but I think they are equal.. both are on great teams with many WR options. Even though both are thought of the superstar WR's on each team, in my honest opinion Welker is more consistent..

People seem to forget Blount didn't start until Week 7! He had a MONSTER rookie year.. Blount all the way. No Brainer for me, if you make that trade you are definitely not getting the good end... :-t
Smackola
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions