Rate my "Dream Team"- WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate my "Dream Team"- WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate my "Dream Team"- WHIR

Postby dpaine1988 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:30 am

Hey there, I think I put together a damn good squad.

14 Teams
Non-PPR
start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs and 1 Flex(WR/RB) 1 TE

QB: Tony Romo, Jay Cutler
RB: Lesean McCoy, Shonn Greene, Mark Ingram, Danny Woodhead, Kendall Hunter
WR: Hakeem Nicks, Brandon Marshall, Desean Jackson, Pierre Garcon, Robert Meachem, D. Hester
TE: Rob Gronkowki, Jared Cook

Let me know what you think and leave your links!
dpaine1988
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my "Dream Team"- WHIR

Postby LMack » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:15 pm

Haha I wouldn't be like Vince Young and curse your team with the "Dream Team" moniker, but I agree that you drafted a very solid team for a 14 team league.

Perhaps the most surprising thing to me is the fact that you managed to get such good RB and WR depth without hamstringing yourself at QB or TE. Tony Romo and Rob Gronkowski are not elite at their position but they both are in just the next tier down in my mind. When you have a QB and TE like that complimented with WR and RB trios that would be solid in a 12 team league, you know you are doing something right.

Just because you are likely to be starting 3 RBs and 2 WRs most of the year I don't think it would be a bad idea to trade away one of Hakeem Nicks, Brandon Marshall, or DeSean Jackson. This would allow you to upgrade your RB3 slot. Don't get me wrong, I am a believer in Mark Ingram but I am just wary of the crowded Sean Payton backfield

You have a very strong team and should be competitive. Don't jinx yourself, and good luck ;-D
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby pommona22 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:10 am

Very nice squad for a 14 teamer I think your WR depth is amazing for a 14 teamer you have a solid qb, 2 very solid rbs, 2 solid WR and if henne can throw the ball this year you will have 3 WR i think marshall will have a much better year this year and that last year is his low...only glaring weakness is TE and backup RBs but as long as your guys stay healthy you will for sure make a deeep run... hope this helps!

Help with mine? Thanks!
viewtopic.php?t=493537
pommona22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby m0nk3y » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:22 am

This is awesome for a 14-team league; well done.

I like the WR and RB depth even though I hate Brandon Marhshall (because Henne is awful), but overall really well done. the TE is tough because while the Pats love their TEs, that's actually the problem: TEs plural. It's tough to say who's getting the ball between Gronkowski and Hernandez.
The other "issue" is Shonn Greene, who is also tough to gauge. In my opinion he's looked just okay in the preseason, so we'll see how he shapes up. Good luck

Help me out? viewtopic.php?t=493561
m0nk3y
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Teck » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:42 am

Love the wr depth, qb depth is great too. I'm a bit concerned about your rb position, you have one guy who's elite, but then after that all question marks. I don't trust greene, and although I think ingram will be a good player, he has two other legit options in the back field.

I do a 14 team every year, so I know how it goes. I think you'll be fine in the long haul, good wr depth does wonders in a big league.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Roster Ratings