draft ideas 7th pick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

draft ideas 7th pick

Moderator: Football Moderators

draft ideas 7th pick

Postby jglo7 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:01 am

Ok so here's my situation. 12 man league, NON ppr. I got 7th out of 12 with a snake draft. Id love to gget ray rice but hell most likely be gone. So I'm hoping for a mccoy or mendenhall maybe, thoughts? Another thing is there's a few vick lovers so hell prob go 1-7. So on the way back what do you guys think? Another rb? Maybe a hillis. Or do you think QB? Or wait for 3rd round qb? Hopefully a rivers. Also I had my eyes on matt ryan w white and jones so hell prob go later rounds. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
jglo7
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: draft ideas 7th pick

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:13 am

You just have to go with who is available. I would grab the best RB left with my 1st pick unless the pool drops quickly and then look at a WR. Since it's a 12 team league I would worry about your RBs and WRs even more and grab them early and often. Don't even think to draft a QB in the first few rounds unless it's just crazy good value.
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dblj9911 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:16 am

Well with the #7 pick you may even have a shot at CJ, I know that with the contract issues he is sliding into the middle / late first round. I agree that Rice will be gone, and let them take Vick, there are a ton of other options later in the draft. At 7 I would look at McCoy if he is there, but I may steer clear of Mendenhall. He has had a ton of carries in the past two year, and if you add in the post season to his totals he could be a injury risk. As far as round two I would simply rank your players and take the best player available. I always go in with my rankings, have my players in tiers and try to avoid getting caught up in the runs on positions. And try not to reach for a player during those runs, if they all start to take wr's late in the first and second a quality rb could slide to you, so take him and get a wr in the next rd. Good luck.

viewtopic.php?t=493387
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 75)

Postby jglo7 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:22 am

Thanks guys! Rly appreciate it. Yea I'm prayin for mccoy @ 7th. They guys in the league there's a few that go by the books with espns rankings. So I'm kind of leaning towards a rb then in the 2nd another rb or wr...I agree with the late qb pick. What would be the lastest round you guys would go qb in my league? Maybe 3 4? Or even 5 I don't know who will be there, hopefully matt ryan or a schaub.
jglo7
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions