Rate my team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate my team

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate my team

Postby Shiti Field » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:14 pm

12 team league, PPR, auction draft. No keepers. I'm not happy with it, but maybe somebody else has a different opinion. Thanks to anyone who rates it.

QB- Jay Cutler
WR- Brandon Marshall
WR- Lee Evans
WR- Earl Bennett
RB- Adrian Peterson
RB- Ray Rice
TE- Rob Gronkowski
W/R- Maurice Jones Drew
W/T- Donald Driver
BN- Sam Bradford
BN- Rashad Jennings
BN- Greg Olsen
BN- Heath Miller
BN- Kevin Walter
BN- Bernard Berrian
BN- Ricky Williams
BN- Kendall Hunter
BN- Eddie Royal

K- Josh Brown

DEF- NYG
Shiti Field
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:26 pm

Your RB corps is great, and I think you have a nice low-end WR1 in Marshall and two usable QBs to platoon. Some nice depth at TE, though I think Olsen is more likely to end up your weekly starter and Miller is barely rosterable considering that spot could be used on a flier WR-type. My only real issues with the team is that I think your WR depth after Marshall is suspect at best. Evans, Bennett and Driver as starters is pretty terrifying, and Walter and Royal aren't much solace on the bench. I'd start culling the wire early and often, and maybe shoot for some higher upside guys than the Drivers of the world, but with your start at RB and solid players elsewhere I think you're in the B/B+ range with some room for immediate improvement - I think you have a team on paper with a solid shot at a playoff spot and some further upside with some smart moves, luck and good fortune ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Irish Drunk » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:07 pm

Wow how much did you pay for each guy? Must have spent 3/4 of your budget on AP and Rice alone I would imagine. To also get MJD and Marshall is a nice bonus. Overall I like the squad. WR is pretty weak but you've assembled a nice cast of 2nd and 3rd tier TE's and Cutler/Bradford should be adequate. Evans should have a resurgent season and maybe even Berrian, though I won't hold my breath. Bennett is a nice sleeper, he has the best hands on Chi. The value pick I really like is Kendal Hunter. I'm going to target him late in my draft. Gore always misses a few games and with the new deal he may get "too" comfortable. Hunter is far better than stutter step Dixon.
Trash Talkin Boozers League Champion 2008 & 2009, Super Bowl Champion 2010
Irish Drunk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Shiti Field » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:44 pm

Wow, great, thorough, detailed responses! Thank you so much WaCougMBS and Irish Drunk!
Shiti Field
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings