Stafford my number 1 QB, risky? Rate it! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Stafford my number 1 QB, risky? Rate it!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Stafford my number 1 QB, risky? Rate it!

Postby Ozymandias19 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:07 am

12-team league, standard scoring. Two keepers, third round or later.

QB 1 - Stafford
RB 1 - Arian Foster
RB 2 - Forte
Flex - Shonn Greene
WR 1 - Nicks
WR 2 - Brandon Marshall
TE 1 - Jimmy Graham
D/ST - Detroit
K - Bironas

Bench - Daniel Thomas
Bench - Santana Moss
Bench - Eli Manning
Bench - Ben Tate
Bench - Meacham
Bench - Ringer

Feel free to let me have it.
Ozymandias19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Stafford my number 1 QB, risky? Rate it!

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:07 am

Definitely risky, but you have a usable platoonmate in Eli, and I really think a healthy Stafford takes a huge step forward this season. With your RB corps and above average-solid starters at WR and TE, I really quite like your team. Solid upside in some of your bench guys too, and some room for churning should injuries strike before bye weeks as well. I'd give you an A-, or maybe even an A in a vacuum, so assuming decent luck and health, I'd say you have a playoff team on your hands ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ozymandias19 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:22 pm

Thanks a lot. Although that Arian Foster pick has me a bit worried (I took him third, before CJ2k and Rice) I made sure to pick up Tate and dropped Ringer to get Ward.
Ozymandias19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby yonex003 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:31 pm

Its high risk/ high reward. The kid has game and weapons all around him. If he can just stay healthy there's no reason he cant get 25-30 TDs
yonex003
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby jm8513 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:30 am

I like it. Your team is full of upside. The only one I would drop is Ringer now that CJ2K signed. You don't need to wear someone else's handcuff.
jm8513
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:11 pm

jm8513 wrote:I like it. Your team is full of upside. The only one I would drop is Ringer now that CJ2K signed. You don't need to wear someone else's handcuff.

Yeah I agree. Besides hes only worth something to the CJ owner, not you. Its not like if CJ went down that Ringer is just going to step right in and do the same thing. He would be lucky to produce half the numbers CJ does to be honest. Other than that I like the team alot. I think Stafford is going to be fine this year. Foster is going to be fine, dont worry. This is a marathon remember, not a sprint. I also dont think you need to hold on to 3 players for Foster. I would just hang onto Tate and drop Ward. Then if for some reason Ward is getting all the touches drop Tate to get Ward but I dont think that will happen.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Ozymandias19 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:05 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:
jm8513 wrote:I like it. Your team is full of upside. The only one I would drop is Ringer now that CJ2K signed. You don't need to wear someone else's handcuff.

Yeah I agree. Besides hes only worth something to the CJ owner, not you. Its not like if CJ went down that Ringer is just going to step right in and do the same thing. He would be lucky to produce half the numbers CJ does to be honest. Other than that I like the team alot. I think Stafford is going to be fine this year. Foster is going to be fine, dont worry. This is a marathon remember, not a sprint. I also dont think you need to hold on to 3 players for Foster. I would just hang onto Tate and drop Ward. Then if for some reason Ward is getting all the touches drop Tate to get Ward but I dont think that will happen.

Yeah, I did drop Ringer right after I found it CJ2k was signed. But I am holding onto both Ward and Tate, I know people in my league were already all over Tate, so I was forced to take him probably a round or two early, now that word is coming out that Ward is going to be starting, I had to take him off waivers. Not only do I feel there really isn't anyone on the WW worth taking over Ward; I feel it would be crazy not to do everything I can to support my number one pick. If Ward does start, and I didn't pick him up, it would be like wasting my first pick for a week. I love the input anyways, feedback is always helpful.

Nice to see so far no one feels I have a weakness outside of the obvious risk in QB. I'm thinking of putting together a trade for another RB to have on my bench in case any injuries happen. Thoughts?
Ozymandias19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Jetsfan7789 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:23 pm

My team is:
QB Stafford
WR fitzgerald
WR Roddy White
WR Desaun Jackson
Rb shone greene
Rb deangelo Williams
Te pettigrew
Flex Ryan Matthews
K Folk
defense Jets

Bn Kolb, Freeman, mcGahee, Spiller, Olsen, lee Evans

10-team league
Jetsfan7789
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby TaDa » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:29 pm

I am high on Stafford this year. And that being said, Eli is still a top 10ish QB, so you have a good solid backup if Stafford doesn't produce like you need him to.

I think your team is very solid and would rate it a B+/A-. You should be in the playoffs.

A little love please: viewtopic.php?t=493939
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby Ozymandias19 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:44 pm

Jetsfan7789 wrote:My team is:
QB Stafford
WR fitzgerald
WR Roddy White
WR Desaun Jackson
Rb shone greene
Rb deangelo Williams
Te pettigrew
Flex Ryan Matthews
K Folk
defense Jets

Bn Kolb, Freeman, mcGahee, Spiller, Olsen, lee Evans

10-team league

I know I'm in a 12-team league, and you're in a 10-team league, but I'm curious as to when you drafted him? I can't remember exactly when I took him, but I'm pretty sure it was the 8th round.
Ozymandias19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Roster Ratings