Made two pretty big deal trades Grade me A-F on result WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Made two pretty big deal trades Grade me A-F on result WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Made two pretty big deal trades Grade me A-F on result W

Postby Fancycash34 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:59 pm

Overall Grade: B

Im siding with you on this one. I do think Romo would have been your starter and he’ll be a better QB than Freeman but I don’t think you’re downgrading to much. In standard scoring last year Freeman finished 7th at 282 pts. If you took Romo’s avg and spread it out over the course of the year he would have finished 6th with just over 300 pts.

IMO Dez is overrated and going to high in drafts. Witten and then Austin are going to be Romo’s favorite targets and I expect Felix to get the ball a lot more this year as well.

Eli < Romo – D Grade
Megatron > Stevie – A Grade
Maclin > Dez – B Grade
M. Thomas = J. Jones – C Grade

But since you have Freeman on your Bench he’ll be your starter now so that’s why I gave you a B overall. Nice work, I think you improved your team. You didn’t need help at RB so good call to keep moving J-Stew
Fancycash34
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby m0nk3y » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:02 pm

your team looks marginally better, but it wa-sn't a whole lot of improvement. B- I guess. It's really almost a wash.
m0nk3y
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:03 pm

This is all going on the hopes that Freeman preforms. Im guessing you think Eli will be somewhat close to Romo at years end? See I guess I dont think that. Romo puts up CRAZY numbers when hes healthy.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Fancycash34 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:46 pm

There's no question that Romo is better than Freeman or Eli, but IMO he took a small downgrade at QB and greatly improved his WR1. I would estimate that he’ll lose out on about 20-30 points over the course of the season switching from Romo to Freeman (Eli as backup).

However, upgrading from Stevie to Calvin, that’s gotta be closer to a 30-40 point swing, dont you think? I cant wait to see Megatron’s #’s with a healthy Matthew Stafford. IMO Dez is getting to much hype, if he is going to be their fulltime WR2 on the Cowboys I cant imagine that they’ll still use him on special teams but I could be wrong. Maclin finished 14th last year for WR’s in standard scoring and he should come close to repeating those #’s again. Maclin has proven what he can do and Dez is still just speculation so that’s my reasoning for liking Maclin over Dez. Then Thomas for Julio is a wash…we’ll see.
Fancycash34
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby ATLbraves » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:18 pm

Fancycash34 wrote:Overall Grade: B

Im siding with you on this one. I do think Romo would have been your starter and he’ll be a better QB than Freeman but I don’t think you’re downgrading to much. In standard scoring last year Freeman finished 7th at 282 pts. If you took Romo’s avg and spread it out over the course of the year he would have finished 6th with just over 300 pts.

IMO Dez is overrated and going to high in drafts. Witten and then Austin are going to be Romo’s favorite targets and I expect Felix to get the ball a lot more this year as well.

Eli < Romo – D Grade
Megatron > Stevie – A Grade
Maclin > Dez – B Grade
M. Thomas = J. Jones – C Grade

But since you have Freeman on your Bench he’ll be your starter now so that’s why I gave you a B overall. Nice work, I think you improved your team. You didn’t need help at RB so good call to keep moving J-Stew

Completely agree with this post. Couldn't of said it better myself. ;-D
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby yaluoza » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:03 pm

Thanks for all the responses, yeah I didn't agree at all with the first few posters but you guys now have Re affirmed my belief. I think either Manning and/or freeman are a lock to be top 10. Yeah I had Romo as my starter but steve smith(car) as my 3rd and I was definitely not happy with that. I no way thought i hurt my team in the end which is what some people were saying

Once again thanks for all the responses.
Qb: RGIII, Pryor
Rb: Spiller, Charles, Bryce Brown, Fred Jax, D.Brown, Ogbonnaya
Wr: V-Jax, Boldin, D-jax, T.williams, Collie
Te: Olsen, Gronk
Def: chiefs
K: Bailey
yaluoza
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 62)

Postby bigdogg712 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:01 pm

I like your team a lot. it was hard to follow the 2 separate trades going on, but I like your team as a whole. B+

you said WHIR, so help me plase???
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=493790
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 45)

Postby Chris Smith » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:31 pm

I think you did well, team isn't significantly better but you added depth at runningback and slightly upgraded your WRs in the progress which cancels out any difference between Romo and Eli. And for the record I think both have better seasons than Freeman.
Chris Smith
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions