12 Team 6th pick no PPR. $500 League. WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 Team 6th pick no PPR. $500 League. WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 Team 6th pick no PPR. $500 League. WHIR

Postby Idothis » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:57 am

My most important league of the year, a $500 entry fee with a $4000 1st place prize. Needless to say, this is the biggest one I've ever taken a part of. 16 Rounds. Please rate, WHIR.

Qb: Stafford Flaccod
RB: Mendenhall Gore D. WIlliams Cj Spiller A Dixon(Gore Handcuff)
WR: Jennings R Wayne Rice AJ Green Greg Little
TE: Graham Cook
D: NYG
K: Folk

Thanks in advance.
Idothis
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 Team 6th pick no PPR. $500 League. WHIR

Postby P1Army » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:20 am

what do you have to have as a starting lineup? if you have to start 3 WRs you are going to be in trouble as i think your WR depth is terrible. It's possible one of those rookies could pop but i don't like the chances and if the rice you have listed is Sidney...Tavaris Jackson does not look poised to make him a star. I would head to the wire and immediately start scrounging around for receiver help. Look to the cards, falcons, steelers, chargers perhaps...as injury prone as Floyd is Crayton could be a great flier. Look at Jason Avant and Steve smith with philly...i would rather have any of those guys than a group of unproven receivers form terrible teams that showed brief flashes during the preseason. You have to keep in mind that a lot of that production came without teams game planning and many DCs putting out very vanilla defense so as to not tip their hand for what they had in store for week 1. Further, you yourself and anyone else reading these posts unless your league forces you to, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to roster more than 1 TE, DST or Kicker. You have 2 very middle of the road TEs you will only start 1 week to week so why have a backup cluttering your bench, outside the top 4, this position is a dime a dozen so make some room by cutting one of those TEs and get yourself a better option for WR depth.

Good job waiting on QB this gave you 2 top flight WRs and a fairly solid group of backs, Stafford could easily finish top 10 and has a very real shot of finishing top 5. Great pick that allowed you to cluster some studs at the other skill positions.

Also i would be very careful counting on that Giants DST.
Send questions direct to my twitter account @gallegosdavidm
P1Army
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Idothis » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:24 am

I apologize, this is a Flex league. Gore Mendenhall and Williams start. This league has a 7 man bench and to be honest cook was really just a filler pick cause I had no idea where else to go.
Idothis
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby ken12580 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:26 am

How many WRs and RBs can you start in your league? I don't trust Rice with Tavaris Jackson throwing the ball to him. Same with AJ Green with Andy Dalton as QB. Maybe you can trade Deangelo with Rice/Green for a better WR if you need a 3rd WR. Also, keep an eye on Kendall Hunter as he may be the better handcuff to Gore. Stafford should have a great season if he stays healthy, but Flacco is good insurance. Giants D has many injuries especially in the secondary, so you may want to look elsewhere. Good luck!
ken12580
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Idothis » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:31 am

Starters are listed as followed:

QB: Stafford
RB: Mendenhall Gore
WR: Jennings Wayne
W/R: Williams
Te: Graham
K: Folk
Def: NYG
Idothis
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby drnick5 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:07 am

This is a pretty decent team for a 12 team league, but clearly depth is a problem.... if Gore goes down, dixon isn't even the shoe in to be the backup.... so I'd also closely watch Kendel hunter. mendenhall is pretty solid, as are jennings and wayne. Stafford could be a top 10 QB (or better) with this offense.

your going to have to be on the waiver wire the first few weeks, trying to find 1 (or more) of those fantasy studs that seem to rise form teh ashes (like steve johnson, brandon lloyd or arian foster last year)

good luck!
drnick5
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Roster Ratings